Has anyone bought via Chrono24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone bought via Chrono24?

I've recently arranged a purchase through chrono24.com and wonder how your experience(s) may have gone.
    It seems a little cumbersome, but I'm hopeful the seller will be shipping very soon.
    Any comments?
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-01-2020, 04:04 PM.

Yep, twice. No problems either time.

Both times I contacted the seller directly and checked
    other sites to see if he had the watch listed there.

In both cases, I found the same seller selling the same
    watch on other sites. The feedback was very positive.

I think as we all know... first, last, and always—BUY THE SELLER.
    Last edited by kurt48; 11-01-2020, 09:10 PM.
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I have bought 3 watches via Chrono24 and everything was correct and the watches were in very good condition. Payment was held back by C24 until the watches had reached me, and insured shipment was quite as it should be.
      Cheers and STAY SAFE ! Peter

Comment

Thanks, Gentlemen.
        I'm still waiting for payment to be verified (according to the Chrono24 site), yet I spoke to my bank and made the payment on Friday.
        Just a little frustrating. One hoped the shipment would be en route by now.
        /first world problem
        B

Comment

That is quite normal, international bank payments take two or three work-days.
          Your shipment will follow soon.
          P

Comment

It just arrived...(notification of payment acceptance)...now for the wait on delivery from PT.
            A nice bottle of port to go with it would be nice...

Comment

Holy crap...two weeks and then some and it still has not arrived and there is no info from USPS.
              I thought they must have sent my watch by a slow boat from Lisbon...
              Now I am starting to think is is coming by courier burro.

PT_shipper.JPG

180907171631-03-pack-burro-race-exlarge-169.jpg

Comment

Sadly, everything seems to take longer in these days of Covid shutdowns. I ordered some special soaps from a place in Kentucky, and it took 4 weeks from the time it was sent to get to Colorado. Apparently, the shipper they dropped it off at must have gotten sick, and it sat in his place for over 3 weeks.
                I hope it arrives soon!
                Dave

Comment

Have been waiting for a blue Rado XL from Italy (via Chrono24) since middle of October. Yesterday, finally, i got a notice, that it should be delivered in the nest days. Corona all over the world. Lets hope it will soon be over. Stay safe all!
                  Peter

Comment

Some good news...apparently the package has reached NY.
                    We'll see how long it takes to get from JFK Airport to my home, a 2-hour drive from there.

It only took 18 days to cross the Atlantic. How long did C. Columbus require?

Snip.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                      Some good news...apparently the package has reached NY.
                      We'll see how long it takes to get from JFK Airport to my home, a 2-hour drive from there.

It only took 18 days to cross the Atlantic. How long did C. Columbus require?

Snip.JPG
                      Twice that long. Amazing how much technology has improved things!

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post

twice that long. Amazing how much technology has improved things!
                        LMAO!

Update: two days later and the status hasn't changed. I fear my watch has taken up residence in Queens.
                        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-24-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Surprise! The pack animal arrived from Portugal and delivered my watch, which I truly didn't expect to see until next week.
                          It's really in good condition, with two more bracelet links than I need, plus the original box and hang tag. The seller really posted awful photos and the description was meagre at best, so it's good for me I knew what I was looking at.

Here it is...a bit of modern design:

This was designed by a German named Georg Plum, affiliated with M&M and Alfex watches. Most of his watches are more of the fashion sort, but something about this--being a bit functionalist/minimalist, Teutonic, and having a sleek shape--spoke to me several years ago when I saw one. There are two or three other designs similar to this model, but I think this is the best suited to me.

Here are some more photos:

25-jewel top quality V7750, reminds me of the ones I've seen in Jorg Schauer Kulisse chronographs:

The rotor spins like mad at the slightest provocation!:

It is running really well--within a few seconds per day. I'm pretty stoked.
                          Thanks for your time.
                          Brad

PS. Not that this sort of thing influences my purchasing, but this watch was a design winner (an award won a few times also by Rado, by the way):

Red_Dot_Winner.JPG

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-25-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Nice Brad. Wear it well.
                            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Congrats - nice, clean design.

Comment

Working...
                              X