• Show
Clear All

• Mike D
    replied
    Thanks, Johan

Leave a comment:

• James T. Kirkę
    replied
    Once or twice I've seem them on eBay, usually in a quartz version. It looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    A domed sapphire would be killer on this. Hmmm...

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I'm thinking that if you removed that mineral crystal and put a micrometer on it etc, you could get a domed sapphire crystal for it......

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Thanks - no, it's definitely a mineral crystal.
    Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    Very cool, is that a sapphire crystal?
    Thanks - no, it's definitely a mineral crystal.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Very cool, is that a sapphire crystal?

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Thanks, guys. Most Breil watches are like the one Mark posted or are more dress/fashion watches. They are made well and seem to be very popular outside the USA.

TK, here are a couple of case back shots and a side shot. Pretty boring though.

Last edited by Mike D; 10-14-2020, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I like that one..... Any pics of the backside? Looks like a Jenny style case.

Leave a comment:

• kurt48
    replied
    Looks really good on you, Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Pretty cool!
    I've not owned a Breil, but by coincidence, another was posted here on EOT today.

Enjoy it, Mike!

Leave a comment:

• For TKite (and everyone else too) - Pics of the Breil Manta 1000m Diver

I bought this one off ebay about 10 years ago. I remember getting it for a good price - like a couple hundred bucks. It's vintage, but given it has a Miyota 8205 automatic movement, it's probably not that old. It's 42mm and has an integrated bracelet, which I don't mind, but for those that like putting straps on divers, it's a problem. They made a rubber strap for it, but you'll not likely find one available. I've only seen two of these watches - mine and one exactly like mine that Colin Miller has.

Breil is more popular in Europe from what I know. They mostly sell fashion watches, but have released some divers and still make the Manta in a quartz version - different from this one in every way. I had also bought a quartz Manta chronograph diver similar to this one, but it was too small and I sold it.

I love the dial and bezel color - a nice dark blue. The lume is a light blue/gray and the bezel, unfortunately, is not lumed.

Here are the pictures - interested to know if anyone else has one of these?

Last edited by Mike D; 10-14-2020, 12:17 PM.
Working...
X