This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Watch gain/retard positions - by Rolex

You never see this anymore, but I'll post it here for the heck of it. I have had to take my Rolex off periodically to do things around the house for sometimes hours, resulting in the time being a few seconds off because of non-wear. When I wear it 24/7 the accuracy is incredible, but letting it sit and wind down for hours at a time throws things off a little.

Rolex Positions.jpg
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Thanks for sharing. That is something to try out. Have a nice weekend all and stay safe!
    Peter

Comment

Good to know. However, I would probably never try it as I don't time my watches. If they're within a minute or two of actual time, I feel it's good. I only wear one watch for a few days at a time max, so never really look at timekeeping over longer periods.

Comment

+1
        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I have followed a procedure such as this for ages. Any watch I own for which accuracy is of importance, I check on my Timegrapher.
          I try to keep a mental note of which positions run + and which positions run -, then I store accordingly overnight if I see it has gained or lost during the day.

It's very funny to see this method formalized by a company as staid and solemnly professional as Rolex.

I'm surprised they would acknowledge their watches could err.

Comment

All 'perpetual self winding chronometers' will err, if you take them off at night.... But only if you take them off. But of course......
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
            X