The Deepsea, Sea-Dweller...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Deepsea, Sea-Dweller...

I know some of the dive watch fans may appreciate this. I thought it's a pretty good video.

I handled the latest version recently at my AD and loved it with the wider bracelet and longer lugs. It is large, but what a watch...

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

I tried a friend’s on. Nice quality but didn’t do anything for me. Rather have the original or a SM1000m.

Comment

I love the latest James Cameron version with the Green letters. 22mm bracelet tapering to 20mm, and the 3235 movement. Great watch.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Love it, but happy with mine given I will not likely have the cash to get the DeepSea any time in the near future.

Comment

Enjoyed the video. The watch is impressive.

Comment

Actually kind of rare just seeing one in a store. Last year I went to look but no steel in stock, or any model. Plenty in the Tudor case, which had me eyeing the titanium Pelagos. I think the SD is the quintessential diver

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
              Actually kind of rare just seeing one in a store. Last year I went to look but no steel in stock, or any model. Plenty in the Tudor case, which had me eyeing the titanium Pelagos. I think the SD is the quintessential diver
              Agreed. I got to handle this, very carefully, but it was already spoken for. Probably lucky for me, because I was getting a bit excited...lol
              JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

I had one of the early ones with the narrow bracelet and hated it because of that. I love the crown and the crystal and the clasp. I suspect that if I tried on a new one with the wider bracelet I would have to get on the waiting list. I like the Cameron version with the green on the dial but it does cost quite a bit more, I think. I am still not a fan of the whole ring ding lock thing. I would be on it like flys on sh*t if they got rid of that and made the dial bigger.
                I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I have quite few dive watches but do not own a Rolex or an Omega, I NEED!!! the Deepsea and a Ploprof to make my collection complete! Glad they widened the lugs to 22mm, as it would be worn on a rubber strap as I prefer that look over bracelets.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Originally posted by 2500M_Sub View Post
                    I have quite few dive watches but do not own a Rolex or an Omega, I NEED!!! the Deepsea and a Ploprof to make my collection complete! Glad they widened the lugs to 22mm, as it would be worn on a rubber strap as I prefer that look over bracelets.

Regards,

Ren
                    A Deepsea, a Ploprof along with your Seahawk II Pro are like a holy trinity of dive watches.
                    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post

A Deepsea, a Ploprof along with your Seahawk II Pro are like a holy trinity of dive watches.
                      I dunno... I know you like the GP, but I never liked that watch personally. I would say a James Cameron Deep Sea, Ploprof, and SD4000, but that's me...
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'm changing my mind on the Trifecta. Mostly because I should limit it to one Rolex. So the Trifecta for me would be the Rolex 'James Cameron' Deep Sea, Omega Ploprof (original), and Seiko SBDX014.........
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                        X