Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping from Texas...have they reinstated the Pony Express?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shipping from Texas...have they reinstated the Pony Express?

    Disclaimer: it's not even a watch; there's no urgency at all. The following is intended for purposes of humor (apologies for any perceived insensitivity).

    I realize that Texas has seen a major rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations and a spike in cases. Sorry to hear it.
    But is the delivery of a tiny package such a challenge that in more than 3 days it hasn't left the state, and it has been
    stranded in San Antone for two and a half??



    Texas_shipping.JPG
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-25-2020, 03:34 PM.

  • #2
    FWIW, our delivery times within, to, and from Canada are all over the map lately. I've been busy online shopping, and some stuff arrives quickly, while other stuff seems to barely move according to the tracking info. There doesn't even seem to be a connection to where the parcel originates from. It's just not as routine as before Covid19. The exception has been FedEx and DHL who seem to remain reliable, at least in my experience.
    JP

    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's nuts - I do find USPS Priority Mail to be impressively quick, even with the pandemic.Funny fact, I used to work for Pony Express Courier - same company from the wild west - used to drive a van and pick up checks from banks all over Louisiana and deliver to the Federal Reserve and Major local bank HQs. We were fast!

      Comment


      • #4
        The postal service has been sucking since all this began. I and George had issues, other people I know have had issues. Big delays. It's really shameful that their bad service is being blamed on the 'virus', but it is.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

        I need a new watch

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got news for you guys, it ain't just happening in the States, it's a world wide postal phenomenon. I had one small parcel take 60+ days from the UK, I had one quite valuable parcel take over a month from one state to the north of me and am currently up to 3 weeks on a parcel that's coming from one state to the south. It seems postal workers have universally adopted the virus as a reason to goof off!

          Comment


          • #6
            All that being said... I've had 11 ebay orders (to me) deliver within 3 days. These were all
            shipped USPS.

            Go figure.

            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

            Comment


            • #7
              Yep, it's hit and miss - as I said, I've had no issues with Priority Mail, but regular mail - we get stuff each week delivered incorrectly - our stuff goes to the wrong houses and we get others' mail delivered to our mailbox.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
                All that being said... I've had 11 ebay orders (to me) deliver within 3 days. These were all
                shipped USPS.

                Go figure.
                I've had mostly good service over the past 3 months, including one watch sent from Japan that arrived in only 2 days to my home in PA!
                This one item is strange, though. It need not be any larger than the box an iPhone comes in, might weigh all of 7 ounces, and has not left the immediate San Antonio vicinity (from a suburb where it originated) YET! It must've fallen under the passenger seat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

                  I've had mostly good service over the past 3 months, including one watch sent from Japan that arrived in only 2 days to my home in PA!
                  This one item is strange, though. It need not be any larger than the box an iPhone comes in, might weigh all of 7 ounces, and has not left the immediate San Antonio vicinity (from a suburb where it originated) YET! It must've fallen under the passenger seat.


                  When George sent me his payment for the Capeland, he sent it in some sort of envelope. It got stuck going around between 3 different post office locations for probably 2 weeks - after it had gotten to New York. The postal service said it was because it was a certain type of envelope he used that gets stuck to other things and gets over-looked by the machines. My suggestion is don't use those envelopes - the ones with the 'window' in them I was told, use a box or a large cardboard envelope.

                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

                  I need a new watch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is hit and miss right now. We have anywhere from 3-14 days via USPS. One parcel with guaranteed 2 day delivery arrived at the end of day 5.

                    Several years ago, one of my business partners checked a bag for his flight from Moscow to NYC, and it vanished. About 4 months later it arrived back here in the states with stamps showing it had passed through Frankfurt, Moscow, Hong Kong, and several other places as well. Thank goodness there was no food in it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CBM_DOC View Post
                      Several years ago, one of my business partners checked a bag for his flight from Moscow to NYC, and it vanished. About 4 months later it arrived back here in the states with stamps showing it had passed through Frankfurt, Moscow, Hong Kong, and several other places as well. Thank goodness there was no food in it.
                      ...or an emotional support peacock.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        "This is the Postal Service. Please be assured we are doing absolutely nothing to get your package delivered. Have a nice day."
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

                        I need a new watch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          To be honest, I never had any issues whatsoever with the USPS before the Kung-Flu virus came out.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

                          I need a new watch

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X