OT: Haircut Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Haircut Today!

My last one was the end of January. How about you guys?

The stylist is going to do it on my back patio. Her shop is
    still closed.

Psyched!

Kurt
    Last edited by kurt48; 06-20-2020, 01:54 PM.
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

They opened up down here about three weeks ago and I got my first one (also since January) a week later to let the rush slow down. I think my hair was as long as it ever has been. I looked like Robert E, Lee.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I needed one just as the shutdown hit and it got to the point where it was driving me nuts, thankfully my daughter came over and put me out of my misery about three weeks ago, did a great job too, I might never pay for a haircut again.

Comment

I did it myself a month ago and had to tell the guys at work I gave the hair dresser green light to sign on several locations... but I rather let the robot do it next time!

RobotHaircut.JPG

and then, let Panasonic take care of the shampooing...

Last edited by Timetron; 06-21-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I have been cutting my own hair for the past 15 years - just need some good clippers. I cut it once a week. Since I like my hair so short, it doesn't make sense to pay someone to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I have been cutting my own hair for the past 15 years - just need some good clippers. I cut it once a week. Since I like my hair so short, it doesn't make sense to pay someone to do it for me.
            Well I think in a couple more years not even the floor will need to take care of my hair... walking on the bold side!

Comment

I toss one of those plastic 'length' adjusters on my clippers and just mow it all the same length. I'm not paying $30 for anyone to cut my hair that's ridiculous.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I shaved my hair off about a month ago. I was already due for a cut when the shut down occurred and it began to drive me crazy. I usually get it cut every two weeks so when things started to stick out here and there I took matters into my own hands. I got my clippers out from under the sink only to find that it had rusted, dont think I have used it in the last 10 years or so. I tried to order a new one but everyone was sold out. So got out my gun cleaning kit and cleaned them up, removed all the rust. Its getting long again so not sure If I will shave it again or risk going in for a cut. Cases are exploding in Florida right now.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

I've had the same person cut my hair for three years. Their shop was closed for Covid, and for now only take appointments, and per state require a mask. All fine with me. I was three months overdue, and had taken to wearing a hat everywhere. The haircut made my day. It is one of those small things I now appreciate all the more.

Comment

I generally keep my hair short and get it cut every two weeks.
                    Since lockdown I bought some clippers and have been doing my own. Like Tim, I might never pay for a haircut again.
                    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                      I've had the same person cut my hair for three years. Their shop was closed for Covid, and for now only take appointments, and per state require a mask. All fine with me. I was three months overdue, and had taken to wearing a hat everywhere. The haircut made my day. It is one of those small things I now appreciate all the more.
                      That's how I felt too. It made my barber's day too.
                      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Hi Henry,
                        I've had the same person cut mine since 1986. She was kind enough
                        to make a house call and do it on my back patio.

:-)
                        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

That's how I felt too. It made my barber's day too.
                          I would say the same... that was a goal, I paid her for the haircuts she wasn't able to do because of Covid. (I couldn't afford to pay bartenders for the beer they were not able to serve me.)

Comment

Working...
                          X