Furloughed again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furloughed again...

Well nobody on the Big Island has Covid 19 but it sure is making a lot of us sick and tired. My last work day (until further notice) was Sunday, so we went diving and had a cookout. I brought my small U/W camera in to get a picture of our new Turtle that lives on the skid of the Submarine. Here are some old and some new pictures in the Harbor around the Sub and the Support boat.

One of the Subs coming out of refit.
    20190412_075308%20%281%29-XL.jpg
    This is our old turtle who moved on.
    DSC04160-XL.jpg
    Don't touch these.
    DSC04118%20%282%29-XL.jpg
    The pilots viewport.
    DSC04074-XL.jpg
    A couple of my Buddies at work
    DSC04329-XL.jpg
    The bow thruster.
    DSC04342-XL.jpg
    Some of the locals.
    DSC04348-XL.jpg
    Wana pronounced vana or ouch.
    DSC04351-XL.jpg
    This guy kept eyeballing me.
    DSC04367-XL.jpg
    This is our new Turtle heading out for dinner.
    DSC04334-XL.jpg

DSC04370-XL.jpg

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Great pics

Comment

Some very special shots, Vince. You'll be back at work soon enough. S**t happens, then you're back at it.

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
        Some very special shots, Vince. You'll be back at work soon enough. S**t happens, then you're back at it.

George
        I was thinking about this a lot lately George. This may be a bad attitude but, I have been paying unemployment tax for close to 50 years, and up until this Covid mess I have never collected on it. I feel like collecting a bit before I retire is not such a bad thing. I am going to relax and enjoy it.
        I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post
          ... I have been paying unemployment tax for close to 50 years, and up until this Covid mess I have never collected on it. I feel like collecting a bit before I retire is not such a bad thing. I am going to relax and enjoy it.
          Stay safe, Vince. And enjoy it if you can!
          I've been laid off 2x and each time was glad to have the unemployment payments to supplement my severance pay. Without it, things would have been very difficult.
          Perhaps you can stretch the unemployment until you can collect social security?
          Maybe it's nice after all that the gub'mint saves some of our money and gives it back later.

Anyhoo, thanks for sharing the fabulous pics!
          Cheers,
          Brad

Comment

Since it was brought up, I'd rather there were no social security and everyone kept their own money and invested however they saw fit. I'd personally like to have all my money back I paid in plus interest, in one lump sum - calling in the note so to speak.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Great shots, Vince. I think you deserve to take a bit back before you retire! TK, I totally agree with you on the Social Security issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                ... everyone kept their own money and invested however they saw fit....
                I cannot argue with that. I'd be much farther ahead than trying to anticipate whether SS will pay out at 75% (or lower) than the target by the time I retire.

Similarly, I wanted the entire ~$14,000 I had paid into NJ unemployment prior to my lay-off in 2008 but they would only parcel it out in smidgens every 2nd week.

Comment

Working...
                X