Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Excellent Documentary on U-869 - the U Boat found 60 miles off the coast of NJ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Excellent Documentary on U-869 - the U Boat found 60 miles off the coast of NJ...

Many of you have probably seen this already. I read Shadow Divers and The Last Dive, but didn't know about the PBS/NOVA Documentary called Hitler's Lost Sub until a few days ago. Anyone who is interested in wreck diving and military maritime history will appreciate it.

It’s a good one!

Comment

It sure is - I wish I had known about it sooner. Keep waiting for the book, "Shadow Divers" to be made into a movie too, but it probably would pale in comparison to the historical accuracy of this documentary.

Comment

John told me they’ve been close to a movie deal several times but it never solidified.

John and I off the NC coast in 2007 A535A9E9-A75A-4AFB-A9A3-0D230B3B117F.jpeg

Comment

Cool pic, Chris - I remember now that you know John - he seems like a cool guy alright - saw him on Curse of Oak Island too - diving down in the money pit tube.

Comment

He’s a great guy. Easy going and friendly.

He was actually diving for work off Manhattan when the first plane hit the WTC on 9/11.

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Cool pic, Chris - I remember now that you know John - he seems like a cool guy alright - saw him on Curse of Oak Island too - diving down in the money pit tube.

Comment

Working...
            X