Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Distancing 101: Tube-driven headphone pre-amps are a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Distancing 101: Tube-driven headphone pre-amps are a thing?

For the man who has everything, when he needs to listen alone, I guess.

1579043306837.749254641818796182929530-0.jpeg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=420&h=420&dpr=1&q=70.jpg

https://drop.com/buy/dark-voice-366s...92553053785673

Hey, why not? I wish I could find a gimmick to make some money on myself. I hope they make millions.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

That sounds crazy to me, but I am not a true audiophile. Don't get me wrong, music is a huge part of my life and I love it, just not into audio equipment that much. Now, as I type that sounds crazy, I can imagine someone who is not into watches thinking we're crazy for spending so much on multiple watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        That sounds crazy to me, but I am not a true audiophile. Don't get me wrong, music is a huge part of my life and I love it, just not into audio equipment that much. Now, as I type that sounds crazy, I can imagine someone who is not into watches thinking we're crazy for spending so much on multiple watches.
        Yes, indeed. $300 for a single amplifier to make music sound better is much easier to justify than multiple watches of $300 or far more!

Comment

Tube amps do make cleaner sound, that's proven. It's why companies like McIntosh stay in business with their tube stuff.
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
            Tube amps do make cleaner sound, that's proven. It's why companies like McIntosh stay in business with their tube stuff.
            ...and why I just bought a pair of new 12AX7 tubes for my Fender guitar amp!

Comment

If you have the hearing to notice the difference and the interest (I do), it is great. My hearing is not what it once was, but I still am able to appreciate the difference. I have 'audiophile' equipment. I am certain as my hearing (like the rest of me) declines the good sound equipment will go elsewhere.

Comment

Not only is tube technology better, it's very cool to look at
                Not too easy on the pocket however.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

When I sold off my Father's estate he had huge boxes of US made vacuum tubes and quite a few amplifiers, etc. He was an electrical engineer. A couple of guitar players came by the house and started going through the stuff and they called a few of their friends and so forth. It was a very lucrative part of the sale. I have a tube powered guitar amp which is very nice. As far as stereo equipment, I do have a lot of stuff but all of it is solid state. I would like a McIntosh but they are very pricey. Perhaps someday.
                  I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

If I won the lotto, you can bet I will have a McIntosh stereo. There aren't many luxuries I would indulge in, but I'd like a McIntosh stereo system to listen to tunes.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                    X