I am having a tough time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a tough time here

The Governor of Hawaii, Comrade Ige, has announced that we must stay in our houses until May 30, and my company has shut down for that time. The good news is I don't have to go to work, the other good news is I can wear my nice watches all the time, the good news is I still intend to ride my bike, the good news is they still sell beer, the good news is we get to file for unemployment, and the good news is there are only 5 cases of COVID and they are on the other side of the island. There is bad news though, the beaches are closed and I can not go to the shooting range either. I am going to make the best of it and trod along.

DSC03149sml-XL.jpg
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Well, glad you can wear that beauty more, Vince. We're supposed to stay home now until the end of April - I work from home normally anyway, so no big deal, but it sux that the beaches are closed and the range is closed, especially given your new firearm acquisition. Stay safe.

Comment

Stay safe, keep moving, be outdoors as much as you can. Sorry! I am hoping and praying smart folks are working on tests, treatment and maybe down the road a vaccine.

Comment

I was kinda being sarcastic about losing the work. I am really kind of digging it. I just wish the beaches were open. I am planning on retiring for real in June 2021 and it would not bother me a hell of a lot if I had to do it a little early. But the surface boat goes into drydock in May at the latest and I am fairly sure we will be working on it then, if we are not already back in operation. So for now it is time to relax, have a beer and wear some cool watches. Tomorrow maybe this one.

bmc02-M.jpg
        I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Went into the office last Monday and maybe a handful of people were on my floor so left at lunch and have been working from home since. I am not a homebody so this is killing me!!!! I usually only work from home on Fridays and miss going to the office where I have my preferred set up. The beaches here are closed and all non essential businesses. Really worried for small businesses and their employees. Super thankful that my wife and I have the ability to work from home. My sister is not so lucky, she is a nurse and the virus patients are on her floor, she has her elderly mother-in-law that lives with her, as well as two kids although not small, so not an ideal situation. Praying for this to be over soon. Stay well people.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Working...
          X