Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More new shoes for the CP-1, or see ya now alligator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More new shoes for the CP-1, or see ya now alligator...

So, in the quest for better strap options for the O7 CP-1 with its enormous 28mm lug width, I was able to procure a bracelet option and had a custom alligator strap made for it. I am not too thrilled with the bracelet just due to the gap between the end link and the case - I don't like straight end bracelets on curved cased lug openings, unless it's a mesh bracelet with no end link and mesh links through which the spring bar goes. This bracelet is ok for the cheap price, but not ideal. It looks ok, but not as good as it does on straps.

So, over a month ago, I ordered a 28mm /24mm hornback alligator strap in black. It is an ebay seller in Vietnam and total with the black buckle was $60, so a great deal for genuine gator. Got it yesterday and I really like it. This strap and the leather with orange stitching are my two favorites on this behemoth.

Yes! That looks very smart.

Comment

Thank you, Tim!

Comment

I personally would prefer the gator strap if I dared own something that size. Not only is it beautiful and classy, it makes the whole watch much lighter and more pleasant to wear. All of mine that approach big and/or heavy are on cloth, kevlar, or canvas straps.

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
          I personally would prefer the gator strap if I dared own something that size. Not only is it beautiful and classy, it makes the whole watch much lighter and more pleasant to wear. All of mine that approach big and/or heavy are on cloth, kevlar, or canvas straps.

George
          What George said: 100 percent!

Comment

Nice Gator!

Wally-Gator-Th.jpg
            I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I agree, guys - the gator is the best option for this biggun. A close second is the orange stitching black leather. The gator is damned nice for the price although it took over a month to get. Let me know if anyone wants to know the seller on ebay.

Comment

I'd put that thing on a nice thick 5 ringer in leather
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Have to say the bracelet doesnt look bad at all, love the gator and really looks like its crafted well especially for the price. I finally received my custom one piece rubber nato zulu strap from the UK looks cool but Im not a nato kind of guy. I will take some pics and post them up soon but have been in a funk with this virus stuff going on.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                    I'd put that thing on a nice thick 5 ringer in leather
                    That would probably look cool, TK, but I just can't get comfortable wearing NATO straps or Zulu straps - something about the strap going under the case and the folding back of the excess strap - just don't care for it on my wrist. In pics, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 2500M_Sub View Post
                      Have to say the bracelet doesnt look bad at all, love the gator and really looks like its crafted well especially for the price. I finally received my custom one piece rubber nato zulu strap from the UK looks cool but Im not a nato kind of guy. I will take some pics and post them up soon but have been in a funk with this virus stuff going on.

Regards,

Ren
                      Thanks, Ren - I totally agree - see post above re: NATOs and Zulus. I can certainly understand you being in a funk - I am too with all that is going on. Thankfully, I work from home anyway, so not much change with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X