Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budweiser Virus OT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by scottjc View Post

    Not actually suspended mate. We can take a 3 month payment holiday but will still accrue interest over the extended period.
    Ah, not quite so good then but still it may give some the breathing space they need and you never know, it may be relaxed further as time goes on. I doubt that it's in anyone's best interests, including the bank's, to have property values fall too far.

    Comment


    • #62
      It's my opinion that China created this virus to cripple the west after Trump attacked the chinese economy. Before you flame me about that, you should think about it, and also this - when stock prices go down, billionaires buy it up. The market is crashing around us, not only the US, but also in the other countries being affected. The economy is coming to a stand still - by design. Billionaires and governments take advantage of things like this - Trumps dad bought up real estate years ago and made a fortune when the economy recovered. Other billionaires do the same type of thing. There is now talk of the US Government becoming a 'share holder' in big companies they are talking about 'bailing out' in this 'crisis'. Since when has Government been a share holder, or a total controller of a company? Well, it happens in communist countries. Food for thought - think about these things I said, look into it all yourselves.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

      I need a new watch

      Comment


      • #63
        It’s at least 10-20 times more lethal than seasonal flu, and we have a vaccine for the flu that works pretty well.

        It’s not ebola. If it was we’d be in 1,000 times worse shape right now.

        But the mortality for those over 60 is quite high.

        We have enough food for a month. We’re staying home and working on the house. My wife has a weak immune system so I’m limiting going out for fear of bringing it home.

        Ohio’s cases doubled between yesterday and today. I have a friend who is self quarantined with symptoms. She’s only 30 and is terrified of what she’ll have to pay to seek treatment. Probably because of crap like this.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Chris View Post
          It’s at least 10-20 times more lethal than seasonal flu, and we have a vaccine for the flu that works pretty well.

          It’s not ebola. If it was we’d be in 1,000 times worse shape right now.

          But the mortality for those over 60 is quite high.

          We have enough food for a month. We’re staying home and working on the house. My wife has a weak immune system so I’m limiting going out for fear of bringing it home.

          Ohio’s cases doubled between yesterday and today. I have a friend who is self quarantined with symptoms. She’s only 30 and is terrified of what she’ll have to pay to seek treatment. Probably because of crap like this.
          That's crazy. It should cost nothing to get medical help for this virus.
          JP

          They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

          Comment


          • #65
            Let's get China to pay
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

            I need a new watch

            Comment


            • #66
              And pray tell why would China want to damage it's largest trade markets? I understand that Chinese communist leaders would cling to power by many (any?) means. Causing economic chaos to themselves would not seem to be reasonable. Read up on how the virus started in co-called 'wet markets.' Precious little planning there. Their lies were so they would NOT affect trade.

              "Misunderstandings and lethargy produce more wrong in the world than deceit and malice do. At least the latter two are rarer." Goethe

              Regarding lethargy, notice the limited activity of certain members of Congress calling their brokers to sell stocks and lack of real activity in actually reading the bills they are passing.

              Comment


              • #67
                Edwards.jpg
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

                I need a new watch

                Comment


                • #68
                  Oh, to have dark hair again. Enough with the politics, already. We have enough real problems.
                  Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                    Oh, to have dark hair again. Enough with the politics, already. We have enough real problems.
                    Yes, I see old Mr. Edwards here and think about how I used to have thick dark hair like that. My beard is almost all white.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

                    I need a new watch

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Things heard around the country. In Texas cities are being 'locked down'. The state of California as a whole is supposedly 'locked down'. In Illinois one has to have 'papers' proving you are an employee of an 'essential business', and are only to travel back and forth to your job. In Connecticut the clown in the governors office has made it a 'felony' to open your business if it is considered 'non-essential'. The nutbaggery continues. I have a serious question: How is it that a liquor store is considered 'essential', while other peoples businesses are not? I would think this a good chance to make alcoholics go dry for a few weeks.
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

                      I need a new watch

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by TKite View Post
                        I have a serious question: How is it that a liquor store is considered 'essential', while other peoples businesses are not?
                        I have no horse in the race, but I would be interested in a serious answer to that question.
                        It would not surprise me to learn that alcohol retail is such a tax revenue-generator that it gets special consideration.
                        /cynicism.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I heard that in PA, county owned liquor stores have been closed. I would not want to see liquor stores closed here in KS, but if they were, I have enough spirits to last a long time. Not that I can't live without them, but would prefer to not have to.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I heard that in PA, county owned liquor stores have been closed. I would not want to see liquor stores closed here in KS, but if they were, I have enough spirits to last a long time. Not that I can't live without them, but would prefer to not have to.
                            Liquor sales are up, most likely due to fear of the unknown. Down here they've closed the pubs and clubs but all off licence liquor sales remain open.
                            Last edited by Tim.; 03-25-2020, 01:07 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              In Tennessee we can now get home delivery of beer from breweries. Liquor stores were deemed 'essential.' (Some golf courses too!)
                              I miss the social interaction of the taproom at the brewery, which is closed as are bars, clubs...

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                "A Pennsylvania woman has allegedly ruined an estimated $35,000 worth of food by intentionally coughing all over it as the coronavirus pandemic grips the nation."

                                This is outrageous. Imagine if she was actually infected, and coughed intentionally on people!

                                Stay safe, friends.

                                https://www.thedailybeast.com/gerrit...sylvania-store

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X