Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gents, I want to share some new content from my site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gents, I want to share some new content from my site...

In December 2016 I completed a project that had unwittingly begun many years earlier with the acquisition of an 18k watch case seeking a movement...

The result was the watch pictured--the marriage of a loose Britix chronometer movement and dial with a gold Universal Genève case. It is described here, with plenty of photos. I invite you to peruse...it's a proud accomplishment.

I ended up selling it to a fellow who bought it to wear for his wedding--we were both pretty psyched at that prospect. I'll have to check in with him to see how things are going and share this article with him.

The watch:

standard.jpgstandard.jpg
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-11-2020, 04:55 PM.

Interesting article and great save on both counts, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks, Tim. I just found several more watches with the same case reference on-line. Here's what the model originally looked like.
      I think I prefer the one I built.

1033909839_o_large.jpg?v=1575873723.jpg 2.jpg
      Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-12-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Great article - I've never heard of female spring bars. I prefer yours too - love that dial as is. I love many of these vintage dress watches, but just wish they were a bit larger as anything smaller than 36mm doesn't feel right to me. Such a cool story on where it ended up too. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X