Ginault Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginault Watches

I don't think I have seen this brand discussed here before. Steinhart produces some watches very similar to the Rolex Subs, but these Ginault watches are an even closer reproduction with what seems to be good quality materials, at a good price. Anyone have experience with Ginault?

https://ginault.com/ocean-rover-181070gsln/
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

No first hand experience here, but I've heard good things on different forums about them. I just couldn't see paying $1300 for an homage and given I have a 2005 SD, that makes it not one I'd pick. I guess if i didn't have the SD, and I wanted one, but didn't want to pay current prices even for used SDs or subs, I might consider one as this is a very close design.

Used, they seem to go for around $1K, so way less than any Rolex.

Comment

I was wondering about them. I gave my SD back to my other half and told her to sell it in 20-30 years. I'd like something that's close enough I'd feel like I were wearing a Rolex with solid water resistance and construction, but not break the bank.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

There's a nice one on sale now on WUS for $800.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            There's a nice one on sale now on WUS for $800.
            Yeah, but I don't have two nickels to rub together for any watch at the moment. I'd pay some other personal debts first. That done however, I'd want a brand new one
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I hear ya on that.

Comment

Not my cuppa, T, but I understand and support your plan. Meanwhile, wear your DC-4 and don't worry - be happy.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                  Not my cuppa, T, but I understand and support your plan. Meanwhile, wear your DC-4 and don't worry - be happy.

George
                  Wearing the DC-4 every day. I love this watch it makes me happy to look at it.
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

T., never heard of them until your post. The video review was good. Pricey, though if it is really made as they say, the price is more understandable. I understand what lead you to share. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X