Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Aquisition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Aquisition

    So this one came in yesterday. Was trying to hold out for the MKII Tornek Rayville version but no telling when that will come out. Seems to be excellent quality, came on a iso-like strap but a Borealis tropic came in too so have it on that now. Wish it were slightly bigger in diameter like 43mm, would be perfect but pretty cool as is. Could not resist the sale, it was over $100 off for the Chinese New Year sale. Think I'm done for a long while now.

    Regards,

    Ren




  • #2
    Cool looking watch, but I really dig that Certina you have more. Same kind of vintage vibe though, which is obviously the point
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

    I need a new watch

    Comment


    • #3
      Sweet - congrats! George was looking at one of those, I think - it was that versus an Ocean7 Dress Diver. I like it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TKite View Post
        Cool looking watch, but I really dig that Certina you have more. Same kind of vintage vibe though, which is obviously the point
        Thanks, oddly I have not warmed up to the Certina too much, FYI they are coming out with the 500M version, think I will wait for the 1000M version

        Regards,

        Ren

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Sweet - congrats! George was looking at one of those, I think - it was that versus an Ocean7 Dress Diver. I like it.
          Thanks, yes you are right. Wish it were slightly bigger like 43mm, probably a little off since I have been wearing the Ocean7 lately.

          Regards,

          Ren

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice! The one I was looking at had a date, which is necessary for me. I have always liked the look of the original BP Fifty Fathoms and that captures it wonderfully. Don't know about MK II though. Bill's a great guy but it seems he's so far behind he'll never catch up. I hope I'm wrong. I want him to succeed like Eddie Platts. Bill puts out an outstanding watch.

            George
            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
              Nice! The one I was looking at had a date, which is necessary for me. I have always liked the look of the original BP Fifty Fathoms and that captures it wonderfully. Don't know about MK II though. Bill's a great guy but it seems he's so far behind he'll never catch up. I hope I'm wrong. I want him to succeed like Eddie Platts. Bill puts out an outstanding watch.

              George
              I was back and forth on the date model but thought the dial looked better without it,but I agree I do like having a date. Thinking I will pick up an MKII Paradive if they come back in stock this year hopefully towards the end.

              Regards,

              Ren

              Comment


              • #8
                Ren,

                Story about Bill, me, and the Paradive - and, oddly enough, a true one. Back in the very old days when Bill Yao was a regular here, he had just come out with the Blackwater, only to discover that the mercenary outfit Blackwater had recently done something absolutely horrible, reprehensible, and non-politically correct that would linger in the annals of horror forever, or until everyone forgot about it a month later. Ergo, he bemoaned the fact that he wanted a name for his next watch that didn't have any bad connotations. We PM'ed back and forth a few times and I suggested naming his watch after Air Force Parajumpers. The Parajumpers are AF guys that jumped out of aircraft to rescue downed pilots from dangerous situations or behind enemy lines, and were fully capable divers as well. So, he was quiet for a few days, then announced the Paradive. He PM'ed me and was nice enough to acknowledge my suggestion and offer me a discount on a pre-order. Times were a little tight at the time so I had to decline. Wish I hadn't though. I think I still have the original PMs in my box.

                George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool story, George. I got to meet Bill in 2005 in NYC during a PMWF conference. He put on a modding clinic and it was cool to watch him work - he's meticulous and very talented. Should have given you a free one for naming the watch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like that style of watch a lot. Enjoy it.
                    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      An homage to BP... always a good choice!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        that looks so sweet,I have had that style on my mind of years. I really need to scratch that itch soon.
                        sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                          Ren,

                          Story about Bill, me, and the Paradive - and, oddly enough, a true one. Back in the very old days when Bill Yao was a regular here, he had just come out with the Blackwater, only to discover that the mercenary outfit Blackwater had recently done something absolutely horrible, reprehensible, and non-politically correct that would linger in the annals of horror forever, or until everyone forgot about it a month later. Ergo, he bemoaned the fact that he wanted a name for his next watch that didn't have any bad connotations. We PM'ed back and forth a few times and I suggested naming his watch after Air Force Parajumpers. The Parajumpers are AF guys that jumped out of aircraft to rescue downed pilots from dangerous situations or behind enemy lines, and were fully capable divers as well. So, he was quiet for a few days, then announced the Paradive. He PM'ed me and was nice enough to acknowledge my suggestion and offer me a discount on a pre-order. Times were a little tight at the time so I had to decline. Wish I hadn't though. I think I still have the original PMs in my box.

                          George
                          Man,that’s a great story, have to agree with Mike you should been given one of the watches

                          Regards,

                          Ren

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            De nada.
                            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X