No announcement yet.

Still around! kinda..sort of... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev, Mannu, great to hear from you guys. That Marathon is good for checking in the dark. I had Ball watch with the micro tubes so I could read the time at night without reaching for the specs.
    Last edited by mosswood; 02-10-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Hi Kevin I just popped back myself, enough to remind myself why this is my favorite place on the internet. I have made a promise to myself to try harder not to miss sout on this great group of guys so much.
      sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Originally posted by S.L.Dickinson View Post
        ....I have made a promise to myself to try harder not to miss sout on this great group of guys so much.
        It's not the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for nothing
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post
          Are you over near Philly?
          About an hour away from the city, closer to Allentown. Still bouncing back to MD/DE for some side work.

Comment

My Son lives in North Wales :-)
            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Good to see you here too, Mannu - hope all is well with you.
              Mikey Hey Buddy how's things?Lovely to hear from You My Dear Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannu View Post

Mikey Hey Buddy how's things?Lovely to hear from You My Dear Friend.
                Doing well, Mannu. Hope the same for you. Are you still flying?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Doing well, Mannu. Hope the same for you. Are you still flying?
                  Yes Mike I am but I have long since fallen out of love with Airline flying You're more a button pusher than a Flier but that's Our modern jets the level of automation is frightening.Hope all is good with you too My Friend.

Comment

..... I have long since fallen out of love with Airline flying You're more a button pusher than a Flier but that's Our modern jets the level of automation is frightening
                    SCARY... What is even more scary is the amount of control they are starting to give cars with their electronics - people cannot drive as it is, they have minimal to no skills at the wheel, and now they are trying to make up for this, and things like people who cannot put down the dang phone. Shaking my head daily.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yes Mike I am but I have long since fallen out of love with Airline flying You're more a button pusher than a Flier but that's Our modern jets the level of automation is frightening.Hope all is good with you too My Friend.
                      All is good with me, thank you. I can totally understand this, Mannu - too much technology can remove the fun and skill needed. Not sure I'd ever get on one in the future if they somehow figure out how to make the airline jets pilotless - I do believe that's coming - just like with cars - not for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post

SCARY... What is even more scary is the amount of control they are starting to give cars with their electronics - people cannot drive as it is, they have minimal to no skills at the wheel, and now they are trying to make up for this, and things like people who cannot put down the dang phone. Shaking my head daily.
                        I get pissed daily about drivers looking at their phones - some are blatant about it - actually have it in their hands up at the top of the steering wheel, while others are looking at their laps. You can always tell - weaving out of the lane - driving too slow, etc. I usually honk at them and give them my best mean look. It's possibly worse than, or equal to, driving while under the influence.

Regarding the automation and self-driving cars - unless I am forced to, I will never buy one as I like DRIVING, not sitting there passive while being driven. I still drive a stick - manual 6 speed with a hydraulic steering system, which are no longer being made. Now, everything is electronic. Don't think I'll ever own an electric car either.

Comment

I agree with you 100% Mike. As much as I hate 'control', as it is very Orwellian in nature, I believe something has to be done about phones in cars. Software introduced that makes a phone inoperable when within the confines of a vehicle possibly. Motion activated over 5 -10 mph maybe, but you see the same nonsense with people walking down the sidewalk. I actually grabbed a young woman by her shoulder in NYC who was about to step off the curb in front of a speeding car - she had her face buried in her idiot device. She actually got pi$$ed off because I 'touched her'. I told her "I just saved your a$$, so keep your mouth shut."

Getting back to cars, the Nissan commercial right now going around on television illustrates the phone problem perfectly. People are addicted to phones like a drug. It's pretty unhealthy - it can kill the person using the phone, or worse, can cause others to be killed. I'm pretty fed up with it. Automation is not the cure, it is an enabler.

TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                          X