Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incoming - Big, Bad, Black, CP-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16

    Comment


    • #17
      Couple of things - I don't think the Super Seawolf should be bigger. Just my two cents on that. As to the Tag Super Pro, I had one and got rid of it quickly when the crown started to wobble on me. Maybe the crowns don't come loose on all of them, but I never owned another Tag again. The Super Pro should have had better quality control - supposed to be their ultimate diving watch. Incidently when I had coorespondance with the swiss about the Super Seawolf, they said the same guy designed both watches- SSW and SP.

      The SSW that Mike has I sold him. I wish I never sold it, but it's in good hands. A watch I have really lusted over (haha aren't there many?) that isn't made any longer is the Zinex Super Sub 2500m with the vintage style handset.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

      I need a new watch

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Killer collection, Ren. I got my SSW from TKite. I had the older version too and sold it - that's the one with the more yellowish dial colors and the older bracelet, which was more like the SuperPro bracelet.
        Thanks, that is only the top tray and doesnt include the stuff that doesnt fit in the box . Think I am good for good while now.

        Regards,

        Ren

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TKite View Post
          Couple of things - I don't think the Super Seawolf should be bigger. Just my two cents on that. As to the Tag Super Pro, I had one and got rid of it quickly when the crown started to wobble on me. Maybe the crowns don't come loose on all of them, but I never owned another Tag again. The Super Pro should have had better quality control - supposed to be their ultimate diving watch. Incidently when I had coorespondance with the swiss about the Super Seawolf, they said the same guy designed both watches- SSW and SP.

          The SSW that Mike has I sold him. I wish I never sold it, but it's in good hands. A watch I have really lusted over (haha aren't there many?) that isn't made any longer is the Zinex Super Sub 2500m with the vintage style handset.
          Yeah pretty perfect the way it is but since I am wishing . Yeah that Zinex was very cool, sucks they are no longer around, they put out some cool stuff. I have not had the super pro long and mine is in NOS condition and the crown on mine is solid. Maybe you just got a bad one?

          Regards,

          Ren

          Comment


          • #20
            I think the SSW could be a mm or two larger, but not a big deal. I owned two SuperPros and never had a problem with the crown on either, but that doesn't mean much as it was only 2.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 2500M_Sub View Post

              Thanks, that is only the top tray and doesnt include the stuff that doesnt fit in the box . Think I am good for good while now.

              Regards,

              Ren
              LOL - I know how you feel - I think I am good for a while too - actually need to sell some.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mike D View Post

                LOL - I know how you feel - I think I am good for a while too - actually need to sell some.
                I'm in that same boat. I totally loathe the process of selling. Sold maybe 6 or 7 watches a few years back and it was like pulling teeth. All the transactions and the buyers were fine, well one harassed me for wrapping a watch too well. The taking the pictures, writing the post etc. is something I really hate doing, but I have to clear some stuff out.

                Regards,

                Ren

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Killer collection, Ren. I got my SSW from TKite. I had the older version too and sold it - that's the one with the more yellowish dial colors and the older bracelet, which was more like the SuperPro bracelet.
                  Bet TKite misses that baby, I look around every one in a while and rarely see the newer version you have for sale, sure I will find one again at some point, hopefully with all the goodies.

                  Regards,

                  Ren

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yes, and it was the full kit too. The only other time I knew someone with the newer SSW with the full kit was John Sears. I'm sure his wife still has it.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

                    I need a new watch

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Great collection! I have got to get one of those Breitling chronos someday.
                      I am living the dream in Hawaii.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Got the CP-1 today - damn, this is a biggun, but I love it. The strap, being 28mm is the widest I've ever owned and I'd prefer a 26mm or 24mm, but it does work well with this behemoth of a diver. Crown action is smooth, lume is decent - would have preferred a lumed bezel, but no big deal.

                        It's definitely at the top end, sizewise, of what I could wear - could not do anything any larger, but this won't be a dress watch, so there ya go. I think, given the size of the dial and bezel, the lugs could be a mm or two shorter on each end in proportion.

                        All in all, I like it a lot and think it's a keeper.

                        In comparison to my Nethuns Lava II, which is 45mm, it looks similarly sized, but the O7 is 4mm wider and 6mm lug to lug longer.







                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Glad you love it and think it’s a keeper. It is huge and I have to say I am not fond of the 28mm lug width, like wearing a belt on your wrist, although after a few days you get used to seeing the width. Wear it in good health.

                          Regards,

                          Ren

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            All I can say is that thing's a moose. Nice moose, though.
                            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thanks, George and Ren - it's funny - kind of like wearing a large diver on a wrist cuff strap, or Bund - that's what it looks like. Definitely a moose!
                              Last edited by Mike D; 02-11-2020, 11:20 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The black watch just looks awesome, I want to have one like this in my collection for sure. I have a collection of 10 different watches in my property in Greece here, some of them were gifted to me by friends and partners. I consider it to be a best gift for almost any occasion.



                                You have ONE day to prove you aren't just a troll trying to sell property. I'm being kind for some reason today. - TKite, Moderator.
                                Last edited by TKite; 02-13-2020, 05:40 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X