Incoming - Big, Bad, Black, CP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming - Big, Bad, Black, CP-1

After seeing Ren's post about this new ceramic diver from Ocean7, I was drawn to it and could not resist the intro price of $699, especially given it has an ETA 2824-2 movement. I know it's huge, but a total tool diver and I believe I can pull it off as I have some 47mm watches and they are ok on my wrist. The price is now $899 on the website, so not sure when that changed, or if it's going to go up. This will be my first Ocean7 watch too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Better have a Shane Delaurian, or a Vince wrist, for that one LOL
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Congrats on getting the watch and at the intro price. Its a big beast for sure but wears comfortably if you can pull off 47mm this one should be fine as its only a little bigger. post some pics when it arrives.

Regards,

Ren

Until then here is a pic of mine.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2imzTLN][/url

Comment

Thanks! My wrist is a little over 7.5" and, given this won't be a dress watch, I think I can pull it off. We'll see it really depends on the lugs and the curvature of the watch. So, far without trying it on, I love it.

Comment

Really Nice!
          "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Thanks, Kurt!

Comment

That is one of those watches I look at and admire, and know (through experience) that it would not work for me. For whatever reason, PVD just does not suit me. I love the look, and look forward to your pictures.

Comment

I somehow think in my mind that this has to dwarf the Super Seawolf....
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Looks awesome, Mike! Impressive legible dial and hands. Curious, how is the bezel action and what's the lume like?
                  JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                    I somehow think in my mind that this has to dwarf the Super Seawolf....
                    Yep it does.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

The Super Seawolf is one of the greatest dive watches ever made.
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yes, it is, indeed! Here's the power trio, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                          The Super Seawolf is one of the greatest dive watches ever made.
                          Cant disagree, wish the current Zodiac co. would bring it back. I would make it a bit bigger though maybe 44mm and lengthen the lug to lug a bit. They did not create a bevel between the lugs, so the watch doe not work with many straps.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Yes, it is, indeed! Here's the power trio, IMO.
                            Yeah, that is some trio, have the Super pro too, dont have a Rolex though, need to step that game up one of these days. Like your SSW too, that is the newer version with the better bracelet, was able to get two of them back in the early 2000s for a song but stupidly let them go. The model I have is a 90s version with the much thinner and less quality bracelet.

Regards,

Ren

Super Pro is in there some where

Comment

Killer collection, Ren. I got my SSW from TKite. I had the older version too and sold it - that's the one with the more yellowish dial colors and the older bracelet, which was more like the SuperPro bracelet.

Comment

Working...
                              X