Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobold Auction

Speaking of.........

Equipment AUCTION - By Writ of Execution No 2019-01718, issued out of the Court of Common Pleas of Mercer County, PA, there will be exposed to public sale on Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at 767 Leesburg Station Road, Volant, Mercer County, PA, at 10 AM, a sale of equipment and machinery, including lathes, grinders, power saws and computer equipment that were seized as the property of Kobold Trading Company D/B/A Kobold Expedition Tools, Inc and Kobold Watch Company LLC. The sheriff's sale is being conducted under the auspices of the Mercer county Sheriff's Department, 205 South Erie Street, Mercer, PA, to whom any inquiries regarding the sale should be directed
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Dang, thought he was working on bringing the company back

Regards,

Ren

Comment

A leopard and his spots!
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Website is back up, and with new models???

https://koboldwatch.com/

Comment

If they're still in business, I'd not chance buying anything from that company. Better off just putting your money into something else
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I wouldn’t buy one. Especially after reading about all his scams.

Comment

I've always been inclined to get a Seal, but it would have to be used and a great deal. The prices on his new models are ridiculous.

Comment

Agree with you both Chris and Mike.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I knew a long time ago that the company was doomed. He was getting into some weird arrangements and two of his former employees told me that he owed them a lot of back pay, etc., etc. Also he kept raising his prices to some ridiculous levels while virtually the same models through other small companies were selling for a lot less. I probably owned at least four of his watches but sold off all of them. I still have some Kobold swag though. Maybe it will be collectible someday in watch history. LOL. I think I still have one of those James Gandalfini posters somewhere as well.
                  I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

That North Pole patch is pretty cool.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I've always been inclined to get a Seal, but it would have to be used and a great deal. The prices on his new models are ridiculous.
                      Interestingly, Kobold prices have come way down, according to the new website. Whether he and the company are going to deliver on any new orders has yet to be seen.
                      Regardless, I won't be ordering new ones from anyone or paying MSRP.

A few years back I was in negotiations with the former GM of Kobold about potentially buying some prototypes. He wanted far more than I thought they were worth.
                      Not meaning to disparage the individuals with whom I've had encounters, I'm not sure the whole operation was ever well grounded in reality.

Comment

Whoa, I thought they were making a comeback! :O I would have liked to pick up another Phantom chrono at some point. Just liked the looks of them, and I prefer a day/date when available. I was hoping they would have gotten things sorted out and get back to making watches :(

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
                          Whoa, I thought they were making a comeback! :O I would have liked to pick up another Phantom chrono at some point. Just liked the looks of them, and I prefer a day/date when available. I was hoping they would have gotten things sorted out and get back to making watches :(
                          I had two Phantom chronos. I had a one of a kind that had non locking pushers that were on the left / 8:00 and 10:00 o'clock. I think he may have made a few more like it later but I asked him for it and he made it at a reasonable price. That was probably the coolest one that I had, but I just did not feel like being a Kobold owner any longer at one point and they all went away. I went to a couple of gatherings that he hosted, hence the swag. One was a slide show of his polar expedition at Carnegie Melon University.
                          I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                          X