Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for your consideration...

I'm thinking of proposing we have a rule such as this:
    • Do not post external links, URLs or other references to websites offering watch discussion, to online watch magazines,
      to online watch newspapers, to watch blogs, or other related watch websites.
    That should enable lively and open conversation about the global watch collecting community, eh?
    And possibly this one:
    • Do not post links or references to live or completed auctions.
    Surely it is not relevant or helpful to mention places where watches are sold other than our own pages.

Ha ha! Of course, I am making a joke. Free and open exchange of ideas and knowledge is encouraged here.

I'm not a big 'rules' kind of guy, more of an outlaw type. Good thing we're just joking
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I agree that we should be free to share any information among friends, and we had a discussion a number of years ago on the Rado forum about sharing live auctions.
      The reason being that we have some very special sources for our rare watches that we don't really want lurkers, of which there are numerous here, to find out about.
      There you go Brad, that's the fire poked.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Personally, the Three Rules for the LoEG pretty much cover it :
        1. Don't be PC.
        2. No politics.
        3. Don't be an a$$hole.

I'm willing to admit one more:
        4. Anyone wanting more rules must post them for consideration on WUS, fully assess the reaction there, then never return to this forum for any reason whatsoever.

All reading this, including me, are now required to listen to at least one Jimmy Buffet song. See ya.

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
          I agree that we should be free to share any information among friends, and we had a discussion a number of years ago on the Rado forum about sharing live auctions.
          The reason being that we have some very special sources for our rare watches that we don't really want lurkers, of which there are numerous here, to find out about.
          Have to agree with George's rules, nothing argue with there. Also, I have to back Scott up on his fire poking, no problem with details of completed auctions, but for goodness sake , if you know someone is interested in a particular piece, PM the details of any live auction to them, don't advertise it to all those people who can't be bothered to do their own research and who don't want to join in, become a member and be a part of this community. There, that feels better.
          Last edited by Tim.; 01-14-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
            Good points, Scott and all.
            I didn't intend for this to be a thread about whether we have rules or should have them--I was really just poking fun at the rules I've seen on other watch discussion sites. You know, the ones where they pretend no other watch collector forums exist?
            However, I do recall some very in-depth conversations on the Rado Forum about sharing live auctions and revealing sources/seller (and thereby potentially making non-members into our competition). I agree that lurkers should participate if they want to benefit from some of our experiences, but also am keen on spreading the word about our research and other findings. It's a fine line, eh?

Good use of icons, Tim. Your post made me smile this morning!

Comment

TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
              X