No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology - Watchmaking school auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology - Watchmaking school auction

Watchmaking Equipment Auction

Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology is offering for sale, the contents of the former Watchmaking program. The items included in this university auction consist of watches, watch parts (new and used), watchmaker tools, storage cabinets, horology equipment, horology books, etc.

I'm saddened to hear this program has been terminated, but perhaps you chaps can get some things you need:

https://osuit.edu/purchasing/auction.php

It appears there is some quality stuff...

6166157e-3c62-40af-9192-0aafba53fabd.jpg

I never knew any university offered a program like this. When I was in high school, I often thought to work my way over to Switerland and try to become an apprentice and learn watchmaking.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Another auction of watchmaking equipment. This one is perhaps more controversial:

http://marketplace.sharonherald.com/...07D4irDL1D49AF

Comment

The Kobold auction does not surprise me at all. I had a few of his watches over time and used to live a mile or so from his first place of business and I visited it on several occassions. I spoke with Michael Kobold several times and he was always polite and upbeat but just a bit off. A couple of people that worked for him told me some bad stuff and I sold off the watches that I had from his company. Some of them were pretty nice and he gave me some pretty good prices but I decided to move away from the company and concentrate on more reliable sources.
        I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post
          The Kobold auction does not surprise me at all. I had a few of his watches over time and used to live a mile or so from his first place of business and I visited it on several occassions. I spoke with Michael Kobold several times and he was always polite and upbeat but just a bit off. A couple of people that worked for him told me some bad stuff and I sold off the watches that I had from his company. Some of them were pretty nice and he gave me some pretty good prices but I decided to move away from the company and concentrate on more reliable sources.
          I met him at Convergence in 2003 or 2004, in Lancaster, PA. He was congenial enough--I didn't get a sense then of his personality or integrity.
          Sometime shortly thereafter he was arrested for impersonating a law enforcement officer at an airport. That was peculiar, but not enough to raise an alarm about a pattern of questionable behavior.
          However, the exposť posted by Jessica on TZ early in 2018 was quite shocking. It is difficult to know what to believe about him, his actions and his intentions.
          Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-14-2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I have no knowledge of the dirt on Kobold, but I did like his Kobold "SEAL" watch, though I never picked one up.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Kobold appears to be an altogether unpleasant fellow. There are many. Sad that he took so many with his act.

Comment

We corresponded on TZ a long time ago. He struck me then as being a bit hazy on the military. When he came out with his watch - may have been the SEAL watch - that was supposedly designed with the input of some special operations guys, I decided he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. The watch is nice, but not what I'd want to wear while playing in the bush at midnight or other times. Not what I could use in a military watch. I've also seen a picture of him firing an AKM (final version of the AK-47). He was holding the damn thing criminally wrong - front hand low on the magazine - and his "advisors" were just standing there watching him.

Oh, well.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Working...
                X