Vostok and blowing up an Invicta weeeee :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vostok and blowing up an Invicta weeeee :D

This video is worth checking out just to see the Invicta die... However, I actually like the Vostok dive/submariner watches, though their movements were never great 30 years ago, I suspect they are using better mainsprings these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTiOUt7jxw
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

That was cool! I think the Vostoks are better now than they used to be - like that radio room diver.

Comment

It looked to me like there was a crack in the exhibition back before the Invicta was pressurized. Either way I did enjoy seeing it implode. The only thing I can think of like that was a film I saw a long time ago of a guy smashing fake Rolex watches on a street curb with a ball peen hammer while the vendor who was selling them cried.
      I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Yeah I do believe he said the Invicta was already damaged, but that was priceless. I really hate Invicta watches, and I was really irritated that they bought Glycine - though they said they would not interfere in the making of Glycines watches. I hope that's true. Yeah when that thing imploded, it was magic hahaha

As to Vostok, I actually like them.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Didn't Jocke take a blowtorch/welding torch and angle grinders to an Invicta once? I seem to remember that video - it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Didn't Jocke take a blowtorch/welding torch and angle grinders to an Invicta once? I seem to remember that video - it was great!
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
            X