Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me be the first. Happy New Year, brothers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me be the first. Happy New Year, brothers.

To all of us in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. We have a major priority for '20, guys: a female member.

George
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-01-2020, 01:23 PM. Reason: typographical OCD on my part (Brad)
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Happy New Year, George and everyone here! Wearing my CT Scuderia tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
      To all of us in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. We have a major priority for 20, guys: a female member.

George
      A female member is a priority? I thought we weren't pc here.....

I am hoping that 2020 will get better for myself personally- things haven't been good for a long while.
      For all the rest of you guys, I hope that 2020 is even better for you. Here's to 2020
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Happy New Year (and Watch Hunting) to all!

Kurt
        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I'm half Scottish and half English, but all American. Happy New Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1xT93IlUI
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Beautiful, T. And hang in there. I'm living proof that the good Lord will get around to you in His own good time. Just do your best, keep punching, and never, never, never, never give up.
            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Happy New Year, gentlemen!
              If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
              - Mario Andretti

Comment

Happy New Year!!

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone.
                  I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Friends,
                    Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous year, devoid of negativity and political BS (like that'll happen in an election year!).
                    Let's stick together and continue to enjoy life and push for what is true and right in the world.

And George, years ago we had a woman member posting frequently on the Rado Forum (she would post on the WDF also). She wandered off and has yet to be replaced.
                    Of course, all are welcome. I'm surprised no woman has taken it as a challenge to infiltrate the LoEG!

Brad

Comment

Happy new year everyone!
                      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Happy New Year to all. Thanks, TK, for Auld Lang Syne: Scotland has a beauty I appreciate now that I have come to peace with and indeed relish the Delta where I was raised. The spareness permits one to appreciate more that which stand out, and remember more those times past.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                          Happy New Year to all. Thanks, TK, for Auld Lang Syne: Scotland has a beauty I appreciate now that I have come to peace with and indeed relish the Delta where I was raised. The spareness permits one to appreciate more that which stand out, and remember more those times past.
                          I love Scotland, but the mere fact they don't allow larger tires with aggressive tread kills it for me. The last time I was there, it was winter and we about broke our legs and arms trying to stay afoot as nobody shovels, plows, or any sort of remedy for snow and ice. Climbed to the top of the Wallace Monument in the winter - we were the only takers and it was great fun

I will let you gentlemen in on a little known fact - there in Stirling Scotland is a small museum that has artifacts from the American Revolutionary War against the English. In that museum were wooden cell doors that had come from a POW prison - on one of them was carved a resemblance of Old Glory, an American Flag. I found that incredibly interesting! I also enjoyed just spending time around the people and touring the castles. My oldest known ancestor on my mothers side was the first king of Scotland, and they had a painting of him there. I had my family kilt made just outside the castle in Edinburgh just off the 'royal mile' - they had to make the material before they could make the kilt. All in all, I'd love to live there, but the economy is terrible, and everyone has to listen to that old bat down in London
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

T., my daughter climbed to the top of the Wallace monument in the winter! She ran regularly when she lived there. "You just have to learn to fall, and then get up. And if someone offers help, by all means accept it."

Comment

May we all have the time, good health, and watches to enjoy 2020! My grandfather was born prematurely back in 1892. His mom was only 16, and the doctor warned her and my great grandfather that he'd probably pass away that evening. He sure fooled them. He figured he got almost 65 years on "borrowed time."
                              All the best to everyone!
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X