A little box of treasures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little box of treasures.

I was given the task of finding one of our old cameras for our daughter today and it led me to search on top of a cupboard in our dressing room, after removing lots of stuff I did eventually find the camera but along the way I found a box marked, "Tim personal" and lo and behold a whole pile of things, including these treasures I'd thought lost or stolen for the past 12 years are found! I can't tell you how often I've thought, "I wonder where my Gerber and my Leatherman are?"

20191208_152412 (1).jpeg
    So now I can do this too.

20191208_160543 (1).jpeg
    Last edited by Tim.; 12-08-2019, 03:28 AM.

Very cool, Tim! Don't do that on WUS.

Incidentally, that's the same Gerber I gave as groomsman gifts at my wedding many years ago! Think it's called the Gator.

Comment

Nice find...can you come to my place and see whether my Crossman BB pistol, WW2 infantry helmet, and 1970s HAUT Lama-Flex skateboard are hiding somewhere?

Comment

Nice find!
        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          Nice find...can you come to my place and see whether my Crossman BB pistol, WW2 infantry helmet, and 1970s HAUT Lama-Flex skateboard are hiding somewhere?
          And after you've done that for Brad, you can find the box of straps, bracelets, spare parts and tools I lost around 10 or 11 years ago...

Comment

Sweet - love it when I find stuff I thought was gone forever.

Comment

Thanks guys, I feel a bit stupid for not having known where they were but we were in a rush to get out of our rental and into our new house, so everyone was packing and by the time I realised they were missing nobody could remember packing them.

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Very cool, Tim! Don't do that on WUS.

Incidentally, that's the same Gerber I gave as groomsman gifts at my wedding many years ago! Think it's called the Gator.
              Thanks for the heads-up Chris but it's fine, I am a member at WUS from years ago but I never go there as I never found it was very helpful, unlike this little oasis. And yes, the knife is a Gator, hence the pattern moulded into the handle and, in a funny twist, it was given to me by my Best Man, not at the wedding but a year or two after it for Christmas.

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
              Originally posted by mosswood View Post

And after you've done that for Brad, you can find the box of straps, bracelets, spare parts and tools I lost around 10 or 11 years ago...
              @ Brad & Jonathan, hell yeah! If you guys send return airfare I'll don the Sherlock Holmes gear and start searching for your stuff in heartbeat.
              images copy 2.jpg
              Last edited by Tim.; 12-09-2019, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X