Love it .. or .. List it .. ? New Omega Bond watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it .. or .. List it .. ? New Omega Bond watch

No Time to Die! Bond’s new Omega .. Love it or List it?

0A9BD610-29D5-4AE2-A276-83CBD2411652.jpeg
    EOT_ER

It has kind of a nice vintage look to it but I am not a fan of that hand set and I don't like bracelets that don't have curved ends to fill in that space between the case and the end of the bracelet. It is borderline but I would have to sink it.
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I agree with Vince - I don't mind mesh bracelets, but I only like the original Omega style with the open end that the springbars fit through - not the style on this with the closed straight end. The gap bothers me with the closed straight end, but not so much with the old Omega mesh.

Comment

I really like it. I wear a lot of those mesh bracelets with straight ends, and dig that retro style, so no points deducted on that front.
        If the lume is great and the bezel scratch-proof, I'd say the only thing it lacks is a date window.
        I nearly love it, however, I won't be trading in my GMT for one...

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

I have some niggles, most of which have been mentioned, but I'd wear it.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

That swims for me. Looks awesome with that domed crystal and thinner case. I only object to the price, nothing else.
            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

It ticks lots of boxes, the bracelet, the dial, the hand set, no date... the only bad thing is the price. Love it.

Comment

I guess I’m the grinch but it gets a bah-humbug from me. Here’s what I posted on Hodinkee-

chriskraska3 hours ago
                I must say, I'm not impressed with the overall look. I think having the broad arrow on the dial is silly. The faux patina color seems a little too "peachy". A "shark" type mesh bracelet would have been much nicer than the milanese that it appears to come with. Finally, I simply don't understand the continued fascination with the He valve at 10. Switch out to impermeable gaskets and be done with it. Omega has made some of the best performing and best looking dive watches in history. This is not one of them. They should get their design team together and give them a good drubbing.

Comment

I hated the HE valve for years, but it has now been what 20 years? 25? Omega just wore me down and I am used to it. Still, Chris, you are right: impermeable gaskets would be better.

Comment

Yes!
                    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

No one to die... i am in for the mesh bracelet, broad arrow and faux patina. Only down side is nobody would pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                        I hated the HE valve for years, but it has now been what 20 years? 25? Omega just wore me down and I am used to it. Still, Chris, you are right: impermeable gaskets would be better.
                        Just forget about it all together, because nobody is going to take that watch saturation diving any time any where.
                        I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I like it overall, especially the bracelet choice in contrast to other opinions here on it. My only gripe is with the Broadarrow marking on the dial. This kind of thing is a point of contention for me...I understand it is supposed to invoke a sense that this is a government issued piece of kit being a watch worn by a British government agent, but the fact that in reality it isn't bothers me a bit. I would suspect military buffs might agree with me. I would just as well have left it off. Love it otherwise!
                          Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

I've had three,over the years, currently a 2265-50 (quartz). I detest the Bond hand set.
                            Last edited by George W. Olney; 12-06-2019, 02:14 PM.
                            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post

Just forget about it all together, because nobody is going to take that watch saturation diving any time any where.
                              That's for d*mn sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X