Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW POLL- Where do you prefer the date window on a dive watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW POLL- Where do you prefer the date window on a dive watch?

What say you??

Also, if you haven't voted in my domed or flat crystal poll it's a sticky at the top and I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Chris

Date at 3
    30.00%
    Date between 4 and 5
    40.00%
    Date at 6
    30.00%

I voted for 6 because I like the symmetry of it...but honestly, I don't care where the date window is, so long as it is harmonious with the design and unobtrusive.

Comment

I marked 6. I would like the option of "not," as in no date.

Comment

I voted at 3, which doesn't mean much. All three positions work for me. However, for a lot of reasons including the fact that I work at home, a date is important to me. I've had a few no-date watches I mildly regretted selling, but I've never really bonded with a no-date watch except the Speedy Pro Moonwatch.

Chris, either the questions were too limiting or you are asking the wrong ones, IMHO.

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I voted date at 6, but really, my preference is no date at all. I have a bunch of watches and having to set the date, when I put on a watch after a long time of not wearing it, is a pain in the neck. I can hardly see the date now on watches without glasses, so most of the time I get my time and date from my phone, but I'll never stop wearing watches, regardless.

Comment

I voted between 4 and 5, because it generally leaves markers on a diver legible and balanced enough. It's a particularly good set up for 3,6,9 sub dial (tri-compax?) chronographs.

That said, I've seen 3, and 6, dates that are well executed too.

I can also do without a date feature altogether, but when I'm traveling I like to have it.
            Last edited by JP(Canada); 11-25-2019, 11:30 AM.
            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

I voted 4-5, because I buy chronographs, and hopefully at 4-5
              the date doesn't cut into the subdials.
              "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I voted for 3. It's just where I naturally expect to find the date and is the most pleasing to the eye visually to me.
                Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

I voted 6 -- but, didn't you forget the date at 12?

Comment

Between 4 and 5 for me. Usually leaves the lume alone, after that 3 o'clock, then lastly 6. I guess dead last is no-date.

Comment

Working...
                    X