Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it .. or .. List it .. ? Lebois & Co

Lebois & Co Venturist

A first live sneak peek of the Lebois & Co Venturist. Every Venturist receives the TIMELAB Observatoire Chronométrique Certification:

"Every individual Venturist is tested in Geneva for 21 days in order to receive the ‘Observatoire Chronométrique+’ certificate, a guarantee issued by independent Swiss horology laboratory TIMELAB. The Chronometric+ Observatory certification certifies that a watch complies with the requirements drawn up by the laboratory and authorises it to bear the prestigious and official title of “chronometer watch” in accordance with the internationally recognised ISO/CEI 3159 standard. The guarantee covers the finished watch and extends to other aspects relating to its reliability such as water resistance (ISO 22810), magnetic resistance (ISO 764), power reserve and performance on the wrist, in conditions representative of modern life."

Love it or List it?

7 Minutes with Matthieu Allègre - an interview with the designer of the Lebois & Co Venturist
    EOT_ER

Like it (don't love it)
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Same here, like but not love

Comment

Hey ER, a suggestion:

Put something in the subject line of the L/L posts to differentiate them.

It's tough to know which is which at a glance. If this one was titled
        Love it .. or .. List it .. ? Lebois & Co. we would know, and the forum index wouldn't look repetitive without reason.

Cheers,
        Brad

Comment

Regarding this watch, it's pretty nice. Modern without being In Yer Face Moderne.
          It reminds me of Mido's All-Dial in a way, though if I compared them side by side, I might disagree with my own assessment.

I could learn to love it.

Comment

Nice enough, but i have a few doubts. For example, the ads tout water resistance, but no level appears on the watch. Not too sure of its size, either. I went to the site, and it appears to be mostly a solicitation for funds. You have to dig for price (under 3K) or size (41mm). Basic impression is that it's for he-man adventure types, of which I ain't. If I wanted something like that, I could look around and find it for less. A Seiko springs to mind.

I personally think the other model the company puts out for 1K less is nicer.

George
            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
              It reminds me of Mido's All-Dial in a way, though if I compared them side by side, I might disagree with my own assessment.
              That's it!

I like, not love.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I like it. 41mm. Looks like for 2750 you get one of the first watches produced and some shares of the company. I think we've been jaded by microbands but this seems a little steep to me.

Comment

I'd list it - meh.

Comment

List for me. I do like the dial layout but that's about it. The lugs...I dislike when lugs are treated like an afterthought. Many companies are guilty of this. :(

Comment

News from Lebois & Co.:
                      On Lebois & Co’s 85th birthday we are proud to release the first official photos of our Venturist watch and its successful Observatoire Chronométrique+ test and certificate. Furthermore we announce the ‘An Evening with Lebois’ tour where you can see and try the Venturist, the Avantgarde Date editions as well as Lebois & Co’s vintage timepieces. Confirmed cities are Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Zürich and Los Angeles.
                      Earlier this year we announced that our newest model, the Venturist, will come with TIMELAB’s Observatoire Chronométrique+ certification which allows this watch to enter the very private and restricted sphere of this Swiss quality certification. Now, 85 years after the original ‘Compagnie des Montres Lebois & Cie’ was founded (Dec. 14, 1934), we are proud to share the first official photos of our Venturist and its successful Observatoire Chronométrique+ test and appurtenant certificate.

‘An Evening with Lebois’ tour

Lebois & Co cordially invites you for an informal evening with their team. To see and try the Venturist but also to check out the Avantgarde Date editions and some of the company’s vintage timepieces or simply to have a drink with the team and talk watches and other important stuff ;-) Confirmed cities for now are Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Zürich and Los Angeles. Registration for these cities is opened at Lebois & Co’s website.

Venturist Shareholder Package

For a limited time, Lebois & Co offers the Venturist along with shares of the company through the so called Venturist Shareholder Package’ which includes 25 shares, representing an investment of € 1,000. This way watch lovers can acquire an extraordinary timepiece and at the same time become part of the company that creates them. Since every Shareholder benefits of a discount of Lebois & Co’s watches the price of the Venturist Shareholder Package is the same as the suggested retail price of the watch.

Thank you for reading! If there are any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to answer them.

Best regards,
                      Lebois & Co

Tom van Wijlick
                      E: tom@leboisandco.com
                      EOT_ER

Comment

Working...
                      X