Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I am going for a third one of these, sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am going for a third one of these, sort of.

The Seiko Marinemaster 300 meter is calling my name again, even though I have owned two in the past. Well, Sort of. I have had two of the SBDX001 models, but the new version is the SBDX023. Same general look, but it has a sapphire crystal, a ceramic bezel with lume, a signed crown and a new dial and second hand. Same great 8L35 movement and the case is the same I believe. I am buying a different bracelet from Strap Code to go on it. I will let you guys know if the deal goes through. I am waiting on a few details from Katsu-san (Higuchi).

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Looking forward to your evaluation on the different bracelet.

Comment

Katsu's the BEST! I bought all my Campanolas from him.
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I just wish seiko would've made a bracelet that matches the upgraded watch.... But I am looking forward to your impressions. I've had a couple of 001s and an 017. Bulletproof watches.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing about it. Had one very breifly before something else caught my eye. Thinking of adding one back in the collection next year.

Comment

If you are interested in one I suggest Higuchi as a source. At this time he seems to be significantly cheaper that other dealers in Japan and Singapore.

Comment

It will be a couple of weeks before the watch comes because I am going back to the mainland for the first time since moving to Hawaii. My older Son is getting married to a great girl. I did not want to risk having it delivered while I was away. I already purchased it, but Higuchi will hold it until I return. I did however buy and receive the StrapCode bracelet which looks very nice. It is very well made and has a great fit and finish. If it fits on the watch as well as it's individual parts fit and look I will be very happy. I like the look of it better than the original Seiko bracelet and it cost about the same as getting the two extra links for the original bracelet that I would need. The StrapCode bracelet is very long and I will need to remove a couple of links to make it fit. I will definitely post some pictures once I get everything assembled.

Comment

Now we have to wait!! Can't they delay the wedding a week or two?

Comment

Congrats - can't wait to see it on the new bracelet.

Comment

Working...
                  X