Vintage Diver incoming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Diver incoming...

I've been looking for one of these Hamilton Ref. 9858 divers, with automatic movement, for months now and struck a deal for this one.
    Thin and 38mm wide, with an ETA 2892 powerplant.
    I'll add details and photos after it arrives!

hamilton_sub_2 (2).jpg

I owned and sold a couple of the chronograph versions recently...not sure this is a keeper, but I really want to give it a try.
    Brad

Looking forward to what you think, whether you change the strap, how good the crown is...

Comment

Good looking vintage diver - great bezel. Congrats!

Comment

Wow.
        I arrived and it is spectacular:

But, I realized immediately that I am not going to choose to wear it often over this (almost the same dimensions):

So, the Hamilton is for sale, and I hope it moves to a good home before I decide I like it too much to sell it.
        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-23-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Never thought you would get rid of that RGM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
            Never thought you would get rid of that RGM.
            Highly unlikely!!!

Comment

And you now have this year's Chris Kraska Award for the shortest time between delivery and sale of a watch. It's not a record. I can recall when Chris flipped a watch prior to its arrival.

George
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Lol - congrats on the Kraska award!

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                  And you now have this year's Chris Kraska Award for the shortest time between delivery and sale of a watch. It's not a record. I can recall when Chris flipped a watch prior to its arrival.

George
                  I'd like to thank the Academy, the Explorers Club, EOT...

Though, I'm not sure I deserve the award...It's not gone YET.

Update: It's sold, for sure, though I have not gotten payment yet.
                  Overnight I received more than 10 PMs about this watch on WUS, and now have 3 guys willing to pay full price.
                  I'm wondering if I left money on the table...but no matter. I'm happy with the deal.
                  Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-24-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Incredibly, I have two more of these coming in, one or possibly both of which I will turn around for sale.
                    I'll share more photos after they arrive, but each has the original box/papers, and one even has all these goodies:

Sub-300_full_set.jpg

Let me know if you're interested in one and I'm confident we can work out a deal.
                    Otherwise, there was such a market for them late last year on WUS, that I'm confident buyers can be found.
                    Cheers,
                    Brad

Sub-300_bracelet+box.jpg
                    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-24-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Wow, those are nice and with the original boxes and papers should sell quickly. Nice haul.

Comment

They arrived!

The first one I am offering is the full package...box, pouch, papers, bracelet and spare links. Condition is 85% or better, running smooth at +6/-1 sec./day in various positions. EOT pricing is available...

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-25-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X