Love it .. or .. List it .. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it .. or .. List it .. ?

The cushion shaped case of the Gucci Grip watch tells the time using three disks to reveal the hour, minute and date. Love it or List it?

#guccigrip
    EOT_ER

I'd list this one...not for its visual appeal or function, but because it's incongruous.

The shape is intriguing, and seems in keeping with some vintage pieces which featured this type of display back in the 1920s-30s.
    But the font on the hour/minute discs is reminiscent of 1970s attempts at modern digital style. Fitting on a Texas Instruments calculator, not appropriate for a piece that reflects substantial influences of a period 50 years before. If you want to chase anachronism, I say do it in a consistent manner.

I'd prefer an antique jump-hour watch or a 1970s Tenor Dorly over the Gucci.

il_794xN.1898053232_qaag.jpg
    wittnauercoffinjumphour1.jpg
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-17-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

It looks like they decided to make the watch Back, the watch front. Cut a few holes, slap some wheels in it, and voila! Instant weirdness
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

List it - I've seen jump hour watches with better execution of the dial.

Comment

Same here. List it.

Comment

We have all probably looked at or bought a jumping hour before. It has been so long that I don't even remember which brand or model it was that I had, but I remember getting rid of it fast. List it.
            Dave

Comment

It's a neat idea in terms of concept, but the execution leaves a little to be desired (is it supposed to look like a bathroom scale?)...plus I feel if you are going to get yourself a digital watch, you might as well just get an electronic one. With solar power these days, you wouldn't even need to ever change a battery.
              Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

I've seen worse...
                "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Working...
                X