Oris Heritage 65 in house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oris Heritage 65 in house...

I did a deal with George, who exemplifies what this forum is about, a league of extraordinary gentlemen. He sold me his Oris 65 and passed on to me the great deal he got.

I received it today and it's better than I thought it'd be. I was a little concerned that it would be too small at 40mm. So far, the only other watch at 40mm that I really like is my SD. Luckily for me, this watch has a larger dial than the SD, so it actually wears larger - further proof of what George and others had discussed on this forum that the dial size influences wear size more than the diameter of the case.

I think it will be a keeper.

The dial color is hard to capture accurately in pictures - it's a gray center and light blue outer portion of the dial. It's actually quite nice and has colors I've never seen on a watch before.

The bracelet is very well done too and similar in size to the SD. It's a comfortable watch on the wrist and looks great!

Thank you again, George for this - I truly appreciate it.

Here are some pics - I went ahead and designated it as a Christmas Present, so I turned it over to my wife for wrapping. I won't get to wear it again before 12-25.

Looks great, Mike! Congrats and kudos to George.
    I think I like it more than the SD...it would be hard to give it up for a month and 10 days, but the anticipation (re-anticipation?) will be something to savor.
    Enjoy!

Comment

Looks great. Congratulations!

Comment

You know, until I saw those pictures, I'd forgotten it had a riveted bracelet. Really vintage.

Anyhow, glad you like it, Mike. Guys, he's a great person to deal with.

George
        Last edited by George W. Olney; 11-15-2019, 05:51 PM.
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Very nice, Mike. Congratulations!
          "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Such a great story... and one those of us who have interacted with George, know to be true. I like the watch. (So when you get a new one does another have to leave?That is kind of my understanding with my far better half.)

Comment

Thanks, guys! Now I can't wait to actually wear it!

Comment

Working...
              X