Um, hell yeah! Congrats, Kurt!

Comment

Thanks Mike. I owned it once before and should
      never have sold it. Hopefully, I'll be smarter this
      time—H*O*P*E*F*U*L*L*Y
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Kurt,

1) Good luck with unfortunate sales impulses. Bought and sold four (4) Speedy Pros. Now wish I had one of them

2) Nice looking Graham. Never realized it before I saw your proposed GMT, but the Grahams are quintessential steampunk.

3) Steampunk? One unfortunate aspect of being a science fiction writer is that I find myself dealing with some strange subcultures. I've met my share of steampunk types at conventions and the only thing that I can say is they are better than furries (don't ask). To wit:

steampunk01.jpg

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thanks George. I'll try and find the inspiration for
          the crown assembly. It comes from a bomb timer
          during WW2.

Their quality is really first rate.

I hear you on the Omega's. Boredom gets really
          expensive doesn't it.

:-)

Kurt

Found it...

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-g...ger-explained/
          Last edited by kurt48; 11-14-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Like it or not, it's certainly an extraordinary piece of equipment, congrats Kurt.

Comment

Thanks Tim

Comment

Hi, Kurt,

Sorry I haven't answered before this. Busy, I guess. Regarding the lever on the Graham, I recall reading about it in a WatchTime article in the lat 90's or early 2000's. It said the lever was one of those British contraptions that happen from time to time, this one intended to facilitate bomber navigation.

In WW2, the Brits bombed at night, in long streams of one or two aircraft at a time, not big formations like we did. Ergo, each navigator on each bomber was individually responsible for getting his plane to the right place at the right time. They used radio signals to navigate, backed up by timing, charts, and dead reckoning. The lever was to make it easy for a navigator wearing heavy gloves to turn his chronograph on and off as he measured each leg of his flight path.

As I said, it was a neat contraption. Really useless in today's civilian world, but neat, nonetheless.

George

Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks George.

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                  X