Who likes nice kitchen cutlery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes nice kitchen cutlery?

My Son is getting Married next month and wanted nice Cutlery for his present so naturally he came to me first. After buying him a nice Miyabi set I started thinking that I needed a nice new set as well so I got these Shun Fuji models. They were pricey but they are very nice. 161 layer Damascus style steel with handles made from dark 'tagayasan' wood, which looks like wenge to me.

Last edited by vjb.knife; 11-13-2019, 07:06 PM.
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Beautiful. And you're right. Expensive.
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

A kitchen knife is personal to the chef/user. What I might like someone else might hate. I prefer certain weight balance and grip. For instance I have a larger and thicker handle on my larger (7") paring knife. I want a firm grip on it. My small paring knife has a lighter and thin handle and a bit more blade flex than most. I do not use knives from a set because I want each one to suit its use. It is worth spending money on kitchen tools because they make a big difference. Have your son go to a good cutlery store and try out some knives. Any good store will let you handle them.

Comment

I got a nice set of Wusthof Classic knives when we got married 27 years ago - still going strong. Love the Japanese Damascus knives - very cool looking and damned sharp.

Comment

I love good sharp kitchen knives, but can't have any because someone else in the house is terrible around sharp objects LOL
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Sadly, no one else in my house is as particular about keeping nice kitchen knives protected and sharp...so I cannot have such nice things.
            ;o[

Comment

those are sweet. I do love good kitchen cutlery. I cook every day of the week, every week of the month, and every month of the year so good, sharp kitchen knives are essential.

Chris
              Last edited by Chris; 11-15-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                I love good sharp kitchen knives, but can't have any because someone else in the house is terrible around sharp objects LOL
                In my house, that person is me! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X