Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New category: Love it or List it?

Hi all,

From now on we will regularly post some ‘Love it or List it?’ messages. Feel free to play, feel free to join us by posting your own watches. Ok, let’s start with this soon to be released new Melbourne Fitzroy automatic watch .. Love it or List it? Let us know in a reply!

F9238A19-3C2A-43D5-80A4-D0412C37018D.png

Ciao,
    EOT_ER
    Attached Files
    EOT_ER

I dig that one, Ernie!
    I saw it on IG and had to look a couple more times. The depth of the dial must be pretty sharp in person.

Comment

I actually like that one as well. To love it, I'd need to know such things as size, luminosity (is the bezel fully lumed), and price. My initial reaction is positive, though.

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

List it!
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

At first glance—LOVE IT!
          "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I'd list it - something about it I'm just not sure.

Comment

The picture looks computer generated. If what looks like depth, is, it would make a big difference. If it is merely printed, meh...
              Last edited by mosswood; 11-04-2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

List it. Not feeling it at all.
                Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                  The picture looks computer generated. It what looks like depth, is, it would make a big difference. If it is merely printed, meh...
                  It's possible this image is cg Jonathan. There doesn't seem to be any info about this new model on their website however if it's like their previous (Sorrento) diver, the dial is actually textured ceramic. More information on this page if you're interested. If it's the about the same dimensions as the Sorrento and the dial is textured ceramic, I think I'm going to love it.

A close up of the Sorrento dial.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 9.22.06 AM.jpg
                  Last edited by Tim.; 11-04-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Tim, thank you. Depth and relief in design make a remarkable difference.

Comment

image_26689.jpg And how about this one? It is a mecha-quartz chronograph to be released in December, like the one I already posted.
                      EOT_ER

Comment

Watch looks fine, but I'm not a fan
                        of Mech-quartz.
                        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

List it... quickly.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yeah, can't really see the point of mecha-quartz. It looks good and they put Swiss auto movements in some of their other pieces, so why not this one? I suppose it puts it out of the price range they're aiming for, pity, list it.

Comment

Mecha-quartz is not a problem for me. I like the basics of the design... but what the hell is the 'W' on the one one sub-dial?

Comment

Working...
                              X