Autumn Yard Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Yard Work

Mowing grass, and tree work today. While mowing I'll be giving the beast a sun bath..... What are you doing in the yard this weekend, if anything?

IMG_5776.JPG
    IMG_5777.JPG
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

After my more or less daily ride, I helped the Boss a bit with a raised garden she's creating between the sunroom and the garage. Then took time for a cigar on our tiny back deck. Other things, now that I have time. Wearing this:

Seiko 8119 02.jpg

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Nice Zilla T!

Mine came off temporarily to make room for a new addition...just got this Friday! Loving it so far!

As far as I'm concerned this version is the ONLY Inge design worthy of the name. Also not doing much in the yard this weekend...(mowing was done last weekend) just watching some football and baseball playoffs on TV
      Last edited by golfboy; 10-06-2019, 09:50 PM.
      Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

Cool watches guys. My lawn mower ended up going south, so I'll have to fix it. Other than that not a bad weekend overall
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yesterday no watch, because I played golf. Scored well played poorly... those are my favorite days, because it demonstrates the value of patience, perseverance and experience. Afterward, Citizen Eco-drive and some beer.

For church today the Constellation pie-pan. Good day, finally rain after many weeks of dry weather.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
            Yesterday no watch, because I played golf...
            I suppose having a watch on either throws you off, or limits wrist movement for swing? I've always liked golf, but never played it
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I wear a Garmin fitness tracker. I have worn very light watches on a strap when I golf. Yes, bulky watches feel "wrong" on the wrist. If you spend much time at a golf course you would realize that a lot of golfers do the following immediately after a round: empty golf related stuff into the appropriate pocket in the golf bag, put on their wristwatch, retrieve their wallet (to pay off or collect on "recreational" gambling.) There are only two tour players I know who wear wristwatches while playing" Phil Mickelson wears a Rolex Cellini and Bubba Watson wears a Richard Mille, which must be titanium. When I first saw it I thought it was a G-shock. It has a white rubber strap. I love the incongruity of a guy named Bubba wearing a Richard Mille,
              Last edited by mosswood; 10-08-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I didn't do any yard work this weekend as I spent it in Manhattan, KS at my daughter's Sorority Dad's Weekend. This is her last one since she's a senior. It was also the Baylor -
                KState football game - KState didn't show up well, but it was fun. We did a nice tailgate party and hit the bars Saturday night.

I did raise a struggling Arbor Vitae tree that we had previously planted too low in the ground on Friday, but my wife cut the grass and did yard work while I was at KState.

I play golf every weekend and usually wear my Sea-Dweller as it's small, tough and lightweight enough for me to not notice it. That RM that Bubba wears is cool, but almost $200K! He can afford it for sure. You can get one on Jomashop for a mere $195K - ceramic case.
                https://www.jomashop.com/richard-mil...,000-%2425,000

Comment

Cute daughter Mike. At first as I scrolled down I thought you 'robbed the cradle' LOL. Luckily she takes after her mom . All joking aside though, it looks like you two spent some quality time and had fun which is good to see.
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yeah I think if I were a golfer I'd have a pocket watch for that time I spent on the course. I can't see encumbering myself with stuff while golfing because it seems to take some very specific body movements to knock that little ball around with any precision
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                      Cute daughter Mike. At first as I scrolled down I thought you 'robbed the cradle' LOL. Luckily she takes after her mom . All joking aside though, it looks like you two spent some quality time and had fun which is good to see.
                      Thanks, T. Yeah, she does look more like her mom and we had a great weekend - it was also the first time I got to hang out with her at bars there because she just turned 21 in August.

My younger daughter looks much more like me, but yet she's beautiful too, like her mom. So, I always feel bad for her when people tell her she looks just like me as, clearly, that's not what a girl would want to hear. lol

Comment

Mike they're both beauties, so keep the shotgun handy LOL
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Bubba is on RMs payroll as an ambassador for the brand so the watch he wears is more than likely a promotional piece he is obligated to wear. It's also a model specific to him (like a signature sneaker for basketball players) and apparently it was designed specifically to withstand the rigors of swinging a golf club regularly. Bubba has been known to swing the club pretty violently so its definitely being put through its paces!
                          Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

I realized it was not a g-shock when Gary McCord said during a broadcast it was worth more than what he (McCord) earned during his years on the PGA Tour. Incidentally I have worn a g-shocks playing golf.

Comment

I only take care of the back yard which is really quite small, the front lawn is taken care of by my association and the trees and hedges in the front are taken care of by a guy who does my next door neighbors hedges and trees. I do not have tree trimming skills. By the way my lawn mower and weed wacker are electric! Usually always wear a quartz beater for the job.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Working...
                              X