Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Citizen Promaster 1000m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the Citizen Promaster 1000m?

So after having my Ecozilla on the wrist for the last few weeks has shown me how much I really like the puck-style case shape they went with with the integrated rubber strap. While tall, it sits so comfortably on the wrist (for me that is YMMV) and has such wrist presence and an aesthetic I just can't stop admiring, that it has me seriously considering their latest 1000m diver as well. Trouble is, even though it uses a similar Eco-drive movement as mine, it costs almost 4x what I paid. I do like some of the elements they added to this one like the bezel lock ring (gimmicky I know but you can't argue with the chunky look it adds!) and the hand design, as well as the power gauge, but at the price its selling for I'm not sure I'm willing to take the plunge (pardon the pun). What say you? Worth the price?

Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Vince has one.....
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I have one. There are several online stores selling them for about $1050. Do not pay the retail which is over $2000. Joma shop is where I got mine and it was perfect new condition and delivered very quickly. I opted for the Stevral Titanium bracelet which is a perfect match to this watch. With the adapters it is $310 and is found here: https://suppaparts.com/BN-Adapters.php. Either way that you wear it is is huge. I am pretty sure it is the largest watch that I have owned, so be prepared for that. Since it is Titanium it still is comfortable to wear. Just a side note: I have 8.25" wrists. The fit and finish of the watch is fantastic and it functions perfectly. The bezel lock is very cool and works well. I think Citizen is the best at solar powered movements and this watch is as good as it gets in that regard. Here are some pictures.
      I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post
        I have one. There are several online stores selling them for about $1050. Do not pay the retail which is over $2000. Joma shop is where I got mine and it was perfect new condition and delivered very quickly. I opted for the Stevral Titanium bracelet which is a perfect match to this watch. With the adapters it is $310 and is found here: https://suppaparts.com/BN-Adapters.php. Either way that you wear it is is huge. I am pretty sure it is the largest watch that I have owned, so be prepared for that. Since it is Titanium it still is comfortable to wear. Just a side note: I have 8.25" wrists. The fit and finish of the watch is fantastic and it functions perfectly. The bezel lock is very cool and works well. I think Citizen is the best at solar powered movements and this watch is as good as it gets in that regard. Here are some pictures.
        That looks incredible on the bracelet Vince! I hear you on not paying full retail, but even at 1K I'm still a little hesitant. For a serious diver like yourself what do you think of the bezel lock ring? Superfluous? Useful? Still not sure what I think about it yet...
        Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

I always liked this watch but at over two grand, on a rubber strap, it was a no go. When I saw it at half price I jumped on it and I do not regret it. I love the watch but I have to be in the right mood to wear such a large piece. The lock on the bezel works well and makes sense, I like it. I think it is worth the roughly $1400 I paid for it with the bracelet.

Comment

There's one on ebay for $999 with $29 shipping. I think it's worth it if you really like it. I'm sure it will go down in price some and you might be lucky enough to find one used, but not soon. Vince is right - the Stevral bracelet is the best bracelet I've ever owned - hands down.

Comment

I like the look. I've had an auto-zilla and currently have an eco-zilla. That looks far larger and quite tall... and this is coming from a guy who does not think Certina PH 1000m are too tall. Any clue where one would see one in person?

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                I like the look. I've had an auto-zilla and currently have an eco-zilla. That looks far larger and quite tall... and this is coming from a guy who does not think Certina PH 1000m are too tall. Any clue where one would see one in person?
                Yeah, it is really tall / thick - 22mm and the case diameter is 53mm. They have one in the Macy's in Kona, Hawaii if you want to go see it. I would not buy one on Ebay for anywhere near $999 when they are brand new from Joma Shop for $1095, with free shipping.
                Last edited by vjb.knife; 09-30-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Vince, thanks we have Macy's here in Nashvegas... in a d*mn mall, but probably worth the trip if they tell me it is in stock.

Comment

They make that Stevral bracelet for the Eco-Zilla as well and it really looks great.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Here's the link for the bracelet. It's pretty awesome, I think Citizen and Seiko both could get a clue from this bad boy. Kind of expensive, but hard core. I noticed a guy selling the whole watch and bracelet together as a set on WUS a couple years ago for basically the retail of the bracelet - that was a deal.

https://suppaparts.com/Zilla-Bracelet.php
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

That’s a big mofo. My only complaint is the size of the dial relative to the case. In my dotage I am in need of a dial of at least 30 mm in diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          That’s a big mofo. My only complaint is the size of the dial relative to the case. In my dotage I am in need of a dial of at least 30 mm in diameter.
                          This one is actually 30mm, it just looks small because of the massive case. It is only 1mm or so smaller than my Seadweller.

Comment

There's one on WUS Sales Forum now - used, but like new and he's asking $800 OBRO. Looks like a good deal.
                            https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/cl...n-5022849.html
                            Last edited by Mike D; 10-02-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X