Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could only own three watches.

What would they be?

I remember we used to do this. It is more difficult, because it entails getting rid of a bunch of stuff. Here goes: Omega Constellation pie-pan. My Dad gave it to me more than forty years ago when I went to college. I returned it. Some years late I asked for it back.Still my favorite watch. Sentiment goes a long way. The next two are probably's: Omega Speedmaster. I have more than one, but probably the 20th anniversary Apollo 11. I have now owned it for 30 years. Third has to be a diver: I will pick something I don't have... Omega Ploprof 1200 titanium.

Comment

For me it would be:

1968 Omega Speedmaster Pprofessional
      1968 “Big Triangle” SM300
      Omega Seamaster 1000m

Comment

Dad's old Omega Geneve
        A Speedy Pro
        A Navitimer

Ironically, no dive watch!?

But, ask me again next week...lol
        JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Only three?

Rolex Sea Dweller

Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph

Glycine Airman DC4

TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by JP(Canada) View Post

But, ask me again next week...lol
            Yep, I hear ya!

I'll stick with these 3 for now...they are currently in my collection and two of them are nearly irreplaceable.
            I would have to eliminate several family heirlooms to reduce the collection to only three. If I were going that far, I might fo father, and choose three watches I do not presently own, in order to have a really useful and eclectic trio.

RGM Ref. 116:

Granddad's 1966 Accutron RR:

Exceedingly rare, nearly NOS steel Rado 56-H Chronometer (Mk II, ca. 1965):

Comment

From left. One two and three. .They are probably the most plebian of our group, but they suit me. The Seiko is to me the perfect every day beater, and I love an orange dial. The Citizen, I love the design, its probably one of the most comfortable watches I have ever owned, and I have yet to see another one anywhere in person or print. The Bulova... its every thing a watch could be, to me.
              Last edited by S.L.Dickinson; 07-28-2019, 06:34 PM.
              sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Well.if I had to choose three, it would be (drumroll please):

tudor pelagos02.jpg

Pelagos

1675.3.00.jpg

Rolex 1675/3

Seiko6105 & new.jpg

Seiko 6105 (on the right).

There are a few honorable mentions, but I'm sure we all have them.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                  Only three?

Rolex Sea Dweller

Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph

Glycine Airman DC4

These are only the ones I would actually want, and at the moment I only have the Rolex (sitting in a drawer, not being worn). If I could choose which Sea Dweller though, it would be a 116600 (the previous model). I like the Omega Speedmaster moon watch, but its lack of any real water resistance has always turned me off.
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                    There are a few honorable mentions, but I'm sure we all have them.

George
                    I could probably come up with a dozen without trying very hard.

Comment

I thought that it would be one three hand Diver, one GMT and one Chronograph.

I think I have the diver figured out - Rolex Seadweller, 50th Anniversary.

The GMT is also pretty well figured out - Rolex GMT II Master BLRO.

But the Chrono is not so clear. I have a Sinn U1000s and a Sinn EZM13 and I like them both a lot but there are still a couple of others that would probably make the final three list ahead of the Sinn's and they are both Omegas. That would be the the Planet Ocean Chrono and the Speedmaster Solar Impulse.

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I know I could never get down to 3 just because it would mean getting rid of some sentimental value watches that I don't even wear, but if I had to, it'd be the Sea-Dweller that I own, a Ploprof vintage 600m, and probably my Oris Great Barrier Reef 1000m.

Comment

If I were going to go with something that I don't own, there are two, one of which would take the place of the Seiko SKX

1. Maroon/red Glycine Airman
                          2. Speedy
                          sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

I have already rethought the ti Ploprof... the list was completely Omega, I like Omega, just not that much: so to return to my vintage roots: Certina DS-2 Ph1000m yellow.

Comment

Rolex SD circa 2001. Lug holes, baby, lug holes!

Omega Speedy, simply a classic, and despite he lack of date one I'd wear daily.

Doxa 1200T Pro, I own it and it was on my wrist when I got married to the Love of my life close to 2 years ago.

There are others, but I think I could be very happy with such a small collection

Comment

Working...
                              X