Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sink or Swim? - Nethuns Aqua Steel (6105 homage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D
    replied
    Originally posted by mosswood View Post
    The sub-dialed version is horrible. So if you buy it, buy the blue one. Maybe you won't like it and I can pick it up on the secondary market.
    Lol - right now, I am leaning toward none. I like them, just not enough once I decided to wait a while.

Leave a comment:

• mosswood
    replied
    The sub-dialed version is horrible. So if you buy it, buy the blue one. Maybe you won't like it and I can pick it up on the secondary market.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    Oh that sub dialed version I'd pass on.... funky though
    Lol - I can't determine whether I like it or not - it is kind of funky. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Oh that sub dialed version I'd pass on.... funky though

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Ok, now they've made my choice more difficult by adding these revised models! They have a central seconds hand with a diver that "swims" around the subdial. Thicker crystal too. I kind of really like the black one.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    I like them. Especially the brownish one.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Here's a better pic, that I found on the web, of the one with the brown bezel. So, the dial is black not brown. Looks pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    The lume on the blue one and the brown one is aged lume, whereas the black and orange ones have white lume.

Leave a comment:

• cdnwatchguy
    replied
    Maybe its the lighting or the processing on the photos but the lume looks....off. Especially on the blue dial one.

Leave a comment:

• JP(Canada)
    replied
    Swim

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    I hear ya, George. I love my 6105, even if I haven't had it longer than 10 years. I don't think these homages really replace the originals, but for a beater, the well made homages give you the look and feel for a lot less. Not to mention, don't want to beat up your original as the prices on nice 6105s are going up.

Looking forward to hearing more about the deep, dark deal!

Leave a comment:

• George W. Olney
    replied
    Nice looking watch for a very nice looking price. That brown bezel one is really nice! However, I like the 6105 for more than the design, although it had a better movement than the SM300 when it came out. Nope, I wear mine because it evokes memories of a past life. One of these days, I'll post one of those memories. Meanwhile, here's a last picture of mine. I say last picture because I'm involved in a deep dark deal involving 6105s. Will spill the beans soon.

Seiko 8119 02.jpg

George

Leave a comment:

• Kevin M
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I kind of dig the root beer bezel one too. My trigger finger is itchy - just not sure yet.

Kevin, I hear ya on the sunburst dials, that's why I don't care for the orange one. Not as pronounced on blue or black.
    Oh course I just remembered there are probably a gazillion aftermarket dials that'll fit these divers. Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    I kind of dig the root beer bezel one too. My trigger finger is itchy - just not sure yet.

Kevin, I hear ya on the sunburst dials, that's why I don't care for the orange one. Not as pronounced on blue or black.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin M
    replied
    I like the look but not a fan of sunburst dials. Maybe if it were flat matte I would go for one, but that is just my personal preference. Otherwise it looks like a great piece!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X