Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sink or Swim? - Nethuns Aqua Steel (6105 homage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink or Swim? - Nethuns Aqua Steel (6105 homage)

I own a couple of Nethuns divers and really like them - very good quality for the $. Just saw they've released a 6105 homage diver. It's SS, 300m WR, Sapphire AR coated crystal, ceramic bezel insert, 22mm rubber strap, and Seiko NH35 auto movement. I like it a lot, especially for the price of $339 shipped. i like these better than the Dagaz or other 6105 copies.

May pick one up, but black or blue is the question I struggle with.
    http://nethunswatch.com/collection/NETHUNSAQUASTEEL

Like it, probably not enough to buy one. I understand why others would.

Comment

I have looked at the Dagaz version and it seems nice. Why do you like this one more? They do look very nice.
      I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I also think the Dagaz is nice - it's a solid watch and this is very similar. I like the bezel insert better on these and the fact that they have additional colors - I have an original 6105, which is on a fitted bracelet and, obviously, has a black dial. Given I have so many black dial watches, it might be nice to have a different dial color.

Comment

I dig...definitely a swimmer, especially the blue.
          Great price, I'd say, also.
          Good luck choosing one.

Comment

Nice, probably would go with the blue just because its one color I don't have in dial.
            sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

I like the blue one with antiqued accents.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'm leaning blue too - I have a lot of blue dialed watches too, but more black. I like the orange dialed version and the black dial with brown bezel too, but wouldn't wear those as much I think. Choices, choices!

Comment

Oh I really like that root beer / chocolate brown one......
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I think it swims like a fish! And it's a great price.........oh dear, I'm getting that itch again.

Comment

I like the look but not a fan of sunburst dials. Maybe if it were flat matte I would go for one, but that is just my personal preference. Otherwise it looks like a great piece!

Comment

I kind of dig the root beer bezel one too. My trigger finger is itchy - just not sure yet.

Kevin, I hear ya on the sunburst dials, that's why I don't care for the orange one. Not as pronounced on blue or black.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I kind of dig the root beer bezel one too. My trigger finger is itchy - just not sure yet.

Kevin, I hear ya on the sunburst dials, that's why I don't care for the orange one. Not as pronounced on blue or black.
                          Oh course I just remembered there are probably a gazillion aftermarket dials that'll fit these divers. Hmmm.

Comment

Nice looking watch for a very nice looking price. That brown bezel one is really nice! However, I like the 6105 for more than the design, although it had a better movement than the SM300 when it came out. Nope, I wear mine because it evokes memories of a past life. One of these days, I'll post one of those memories. Meanwhile, here's a last picture of mine. I say last picture because I'm involved in a deep dark deal involving 6105s. Will spill the beans soon.

Seiko 8119 02.jpg

George
                            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I hear ya, George. I love my 6105, even if I haven't had it longer than 10 years. I don't think these homages really replace the originals, but for a beater, the well made homages give you the look and feel for a lot less. Not to mention, don't want to beat up your original as the prices on nice 6105s are going up.

Looking forward to hearing more about the deep, dark deal!

Comment

Working...
                              X