Summer canvas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer canvas

Most of the watches I wear a lot in summer, except the snorkel, are now on canvas. This includes a couple that I just wear because of the color like the root beer faced fossil, or the invicta pat bought me.

the older one on the right are cheap eBay ones that needed a bit of super glue. The ones on right are a new company , autulet, on amazon. Still cheaper straps they are not bad, I like the reinforced eyes and they even send the bag containing springbars and a cheap pin tool.
    ​​​​​​​
    sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Where's your orange Bulova?
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

It's one that I wear on a bracelet. It stays on a ricebead all year long

Comment

I'm not really into the extra-long strap, added height, and loads of rings (on my wrist) but I like the way those look!
        In a couple days I'll be taking delivery of some new summer canvas and will share here...

Comment

I like the look of the ones with the metal reinforced holes. Ricebead on the Snorkel is perfect. I usually wear bracelets all the time, but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I like the look of the ones with the metal reinforced holes. Ricebead on the Snorkel is perfect. I usually wear bracelets all the time, but to each his own.
            Mike, I used to wear everything on bracelets too, all year round, except near water. Then a few years ago, I think maybe 4 or 5, I got a blister type thing on my wrist under the caseback. It got infected quickly and ever since then when I sweat a lot under a watch I get the same thing. I tried bandaids under the watch but it still comes. The canvas straps are the one thing I found that works. It was either wear the canvas or give up the watch in summer. Why I get it, not sure, I think it has something to do with my skin aging.

Comment

Originally posted by S.L.Dickinson View Post

Mike, I used to wear everything on bracelets too, all year round, except near water. Then a few years ago, I think maybe 4 or 5, I got a blister type thing on my wrist under the caseback. It got infected quickly and ever since then when I sweat a lot under a watch I get the same thing. I tried bandaids under the watch but it still comes. The canvas straps are the one thing I found that works. It was either wear the canvas or give up the watch in summer. Why I get it, not sure, I think it has something to do with my skin aging.
              Man, that is terrible. I now remember reading about this when it happened to you. Very strange, indeed.

Comment

Wow, I've never heard of that before, my wife gets a rash from some grades of stainless, but this is a watch collectors nightmare! Good on you for persisting in the face of adversity Shannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Wow, I've never heard of that before, my wife gets a rash from some grades of stainless, but this is a watch collectors nightmare! Good on you for persisting in the face of adversity Shannon.
                  Your wife is like mine, allergic to base metals and nickel probably. It has to say hypoallergenic or surgical grade.

Comment

Here were some of my favorites on rice bead variations, yes I look at Jubilees as a rice bead variation, and if you look at the second picture you will notice the bandaid under the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                      I'm not really into the extra-long strap, added height, and loads of rings (on my wrist) but I like the way those look!
                      In a couple days I'll be taking delivery of some new summer canvas and will share here...

Comment

Here were some of my favorites on rice bead variations, yes I look at Jubilees as a rice bead variation, and if you look at the second picture you will notice the bandaid under the watch.
                        Love me some rice bead bracelets - I agree on the Jubilee - never saw it until you said it, but totally a rice bead variant.

Comment

Now that's a lot of canvas - looking good! I like the tint on the windows - looks like the soft top window, which is not glass, is also tinted, or is it? Been contemplating getting my Z4M Roadster windows tinted - just on the fence about it. I never ride with the windows up and the top down, so I may just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Now that's a lot of canvas - looking good! I like the tint on the windows - looks like the soft top window, which is not glass, is also tinted, or is it? Been contemplating getting my Z4M Roadster windows tinted - just on the fence about it. I never ride with the windows up and the top down, so I may just do it.
                            Thanks! Great question about the tint--I'm not sure whether the rear window is tinted, or whether this photo makes it appear so. I didn't expressly order a tinted window, but I would be glad if I got one!
                            The rear window of my hardtop is not tinted, and I plan to have that done at some point. A previous owner (presumably the one in Florida) had the sides and a strip of the windshield tinted.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

Thanks! Great question about the tint--I'm not sure whether the rear window is tinted, or whether this photo makes it appear so. I didn't expressly order a tinted window, but I would be glad if I got one!
                              The rear window of my hardtop is not tinted, and I plan to have that done at some point. A previous owner (presumably the one in Florida) had the sides and a strip of the windshield tinted.
                              Sweet ride. Always thought about a ragtop, but the motorcycles always seemed to scratch that itch.

Comment

Working...
                              X