No announcement yet.

Titanium, Titanium, Titanium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George - love the recumbent - nice looking neighborhood too.

Comment

Thanks, Mike.
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Good Titanium news! I have had a Citizen 4X4 Supertough watch for many years but about 3-4 years ago it stopped working. It has an Eco-Drive movement from the 1990's, I think, and it was a non-US model. Anyway, I sort of wrote it off as a loss because of it's age and being an import model. So, last week I decided to send it to Citizen of America to see if they could fix it.

It is a really cool watch and is virtually unscratchable. It is Titanium but has a ceramic coating and a saphire crystal. The GMT movement is also pretty cool and has a quickset date and 24 hour hand operation that is really easy to use.

Today COA emailed me and said they would put a new movement in it replace seals and pressure test it for about $140, and I was happy to do it for that price. So it should be back to me in about 2 weeks. I am pretty happy

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Cool, good to hear that Vince. I had two Mission Antarcticas fixed by COA over the years. they swapped out the movements for a similar price. They do good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Cool, good to hear that Vince. I had two Mission Antarcticas fixed by COA over the years. they swapped out the movements for a similar price. They do good work.
            That is good that you are happy with their work. This watch is pretty much the same watch as the Mission Antarctica, other than labelling. I think it is a great watch at the price.
            I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Yes, exactly the same watch. I've owned 4 or so Mission Antarctica watches. Love that Duratec Titanium coating - hard to scratch. It's a killer looking watch - excellent toothy bezel and honecomb dial. I miss my MAs, but got a damned good price for them. One day, I'll pick one up again, I'm sure.

Comment

If you want to flip the 4x4 for some other vintage watch, let me know. I have always liked it.
                Last edited by mosswood; 07-11-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I really like that Mission Antarctica watch. I'm surprised you sold it. Does it have a sapphire crystal?
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yes, Sapphire Crystal, but it doesn't say it anywhere on the watch. It also has an AR coating. I originally bought a black dialed version many years ago and sold it. Missed it, so got another black dialed version. Bought a blue dialed version - sent it to COA for new movement and kept it for a couple of years, then sold it. Got another blue one and had the black and blue for a couple of years, then sold them both.

I love the watch, just hardly ever wore them and couldn't keep them in my gun safe because it was too much a pain in the a&^ to recharge them if they went completely dead, which they tend to do in a dark safe. I got good money for them, so I may pick one up again in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X