Shameless Plug - New DOXA Book - 50 Year Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Plug - New DOXA Book - 50 Year Journey

Chaps, I'm really excited to finally see this book released. There is so much stuff in it and anyone who thinks it is just a continuation of the 40th Anniversary book will be pleasantly surprised. I've attached the index pages so you can see what goodies are inside. I really owe such a depth of gratitude to Rick Marei and all the people who contributed to it. I'll probably be pushing up daises by the time the next major Anniversary book is due so in reality this is most likely my last hurrah for DOXA books. I think it is a fitting end to my journey. Pete

www.thedoxabook.com

Apparently there is a a $20 discount by using this code: DXBK50WUS
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-30-2019, 03:56 PM.

Thanks, Doc! Just ordered from the link at the Doxa forum Oh, and expect am email from me sometime. My wife saw your green custom Irishstar and she wants one like it. Going to be customizing a Doxa for her in the near future.

Comment

Kevin, if you are going to modify an ETA 2824 then you can have my Irishstar dial. It cost me $80 to have it done years ago. Probably cost more now, but $80 and its yours. I don't have a donor watch anymore and doubt I'll get one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Doctor View Post
        Kevin, if you are going to modify an ETA 2824 then you can have my Irishstar dial. It cost me $80 to have it done years ago. Probably cost more now, but $80 and its yours. I don't have a donor watch anymore and doubt I'll get one now.
        oh wow!! Thank you!! That is very kind of you! My wife is really going to be surprised!! I'll send you an email asap.

Comment

Peter, good to see you here. Come by more often and chit chat with us.
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
            Peter, good to see you here. Come by more often and chit chat with us.
            I've been kinda missing in action for such a long time. Sorta, kinda scaled back on the watch buying bug. Got my must haves: Sea Dweller, Submariner and Speedmaster and there really isn't anything else I lust after anymore. The DOXA book is finished and with the Jenny family taking over control of the brand I think the story has come to an end for me too. I really should stop by more often.

Comment

Peter, please do stop by. This place is far more than just watch buying. The intention is to just have a mellow place on the Net where we can discuss just about anything in a non-PC fashion except politics.

George
              Last edited by George W. Olney; 07-02-2019, 12:26 PM.
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thanks George.

Always was a much more civilized place to hang out.

Got my preview book today. This is a digital print copy and looks fantastic. The offset version that is being shipped to people is even better. Give me 2 lemons to suck to take the smile off my face

book2.jpg book3.jpg book1.jpg

Comment

Cool, Peter! I understand the I like what I have... or I have my grails... kind of just happened one day. Cheers!

Comment

Trust me, Peter. I totally understand where you're coming from. Hang around here. You'll see why.

George
                    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Pete. when I spoke with Fabien Cousteau last he said I should have written a chapter for your DWL book. I told him I was no legend, but the watch would have been cool. As to your 50th anniversary book, it seems just as if your other book came out. I'm sure it's going to sell like hot cakes
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                        Pete. when I spoke with Fabien Cousteau last he said I should have written a chapter for your DWL book. I told him I was no legend, but the watch would have been cool. As to your 50th anniversary book, it seems just as if your other book came out. I'm sure it's going to sell like hot cakes
                        T, yea, I remember we talked about you doing a chapter and you said the same thing to me about not being a legend. I remember when it was released and I met many of the people in the book and each one of them didn't think they were legends. They though of themselves as ordinary guys who were lucky enough to have done some things that people classed as extraordinary at some time.

I always wanted to do a follow up because there are so many more great stories to be told. Now that the DOXA book is done and with a development which I can't say anything about at the minute.......maybe I might be able to swing another one. I just need to convince some people to give me stories ;-)
                        Last edited by Flying Doctor; 07-03-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Doctor View Post

T, yea, I remember we talked about you doing a chapter and you said the same thing to me about not being a legend. I remember when it was released and I met many of the people in the book and each one of them didn't think they were legends. They though of themselves as ordinary guys who were lucky enough to have done some things that people classed as extraordinary at some time.

I always wanted to do a follow up because there are so many more great stories to be told. Now that the DOXA book is done and with a development which I can't say anything about at the minute.......maybe I might be able to swing another one. I just need to convince some people to give me stories ;-)

"There I was....."
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'd love to see a book written by some hard hat divers. Any story that begins with "I was at 500 ft when $hit hit the fan" would probably make me very glad that I didn't go in the field back when

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
                              I'd love to see a book written by some hard hat divers. Any story that begins with "I was at 500 ft when $hit hit the fan" would probably make me very glad that I didn't go in the field back when
                              Ehh... itís all pretty safe for the most part, and a $HTF scenerio is actually pretty rare for the bigger more elite companies. Thereís always a risk, but everyoneís a professional so the risk is very minimal. Some things like the Sherwood 1st stage bailout regulator failure was a complete blind side- you cannot prepare for such incidents. We all laugh near death off generally, because itís a known possibility when you become a pro.
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X