A public service bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A public service bulletin

Recently a company out of the Virgin Islands has been sending out mass text message spams. Do NOT click on "Leave Conversation" - that just tells them you're a valid number and you will just get more and more spam texts. I found out through some experimentation on trying to block the originating number that you cannot just block it - you have to add it as a contact, and then block the contact. The other numbers in the 'mass text' are just part of the game - they come from the same a-hole.

I'm going to be calling the phone service to report a bunch of this to them, including the offending company in the Virgin Islands - yes I tracked them down, and the name of the jerk behind it. Anyway, if you get a mass text, do NOT click on 'Leave Conversation' because that just sets you up for more BS. If you do not add them as a contact and block that way, you will get messages that LOOK like people are 'Leaving Conversation' (it will say "Stop") - don't be fooled, it's just the bot trying to get you to do it too.

TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Thanks - I hate that kind of crap.

Comment

Yeah me too, so I wanted to try to save others from the misery.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

By the way, when I added the offending numbers as contacts to block them, I just called them Spam Bot 1, Spam Bot 2 etc...... It's annoying to have to add and block the number, but it's the only defense I can see to it so far.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I found that viewing the info on the group txt allowed me to look at all the other numbers on the list individually and block those as well. Iím writing up a big list to share with the phone service tomorrow. I think Iíve got it all locked down now- time will tell.
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
          X