Talk To Me About The RGM 300 Diver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk To Me About The RGM 300 Diver

Well I was saving for the Seiko Tuna Marine Master 600 Spring Drive for a year and a half. And then surpassed the amount needed to get that one and am looking at the RGM 300 which I am shy a few hundred for the 3700. So just not much out there on this watch that I can find. I am living in a world of indecision on what to get when I am also considering the new omega Seamaster 300 and save for another 6 months.

Excellent quality. Some years ago, one was passed around the Dive Forum from member to member as a special project and I got a chance to host it for a week or so. I was impressed, but it was way too big and heavy or me. I can't recall what the lume was like, but it ran well.

RGM300 01.jpg

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thanks, was hoping for a few owners in this forum all well.

Comment

I had a blue one. It came to me from and went back to another forum member. The watch is in part modeled on the Certina DS-2 super ph 1000m. If you know that watch then you know it is tall. Like the Certina the RGM rides well if your wrist is flat. I prefer a strap or mesh to a regular bracelet. That said, the regular bracelet is substantial and well made. It was very well made, nice detail. But for the fact I had the opportunity to acquire something I long desired (and still have) I would have kept the RGM. My understanding is they have now replaced the aluminum bezel with a ceramic.
        Last edited by mosswood; 12-28-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I was in on the test drive a few years ago for the RGM 300. I think in terms of quality and style it fits in with all the big players. In terms of uniqueness, you'll never see another on anyone's wrist. The only real consideration is the case dimensions. It's thick.

Chris wore one diving and posted a lot of pics including a video that's out there somewhere. He'd be a good one to offer feedback.

OF the three you mentioned, I'd be leaning towards the Omega, but I've been an Omega guy, through and through, for many years. Not sure which 300 you mean, but they're all nice.

I have a couple, but the no date master coaxial 300 that came out in 2014/ 2015 is an easy watch to live with on the wrist every day.

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by JP(Canada) View Post
            I was in on the test drive a few years ago for the RGM 300. I think in terms of quality and style it fits in with all the big players. In terms of uniqueness, you'll never see another on anyone's wrist. The only real consideration is the case dimensions. It's thick.

Chris wore one diving and posted a lot of pics including a video that's out there somewhere. He'd be a good one to offer feedback.

OF the three you mentioned, I'd be leaning towards the Omega, but I've been an Omega guy, through and through, for many years. Not sure which 300 you mean, but they're all nice.

I have a couple, but the no date master coaxial 300 that came out in 2014/ 2015 is an easy watch to live with on the wrist every day.

I don't know if the photo will show, it is always a pain to post photos here but it is the new Omega 300 Seamaster with the new wave dial I am talking about. And man that RGM diver looks like it has been through hell and back!

Comment

Chris dived with it. RGM used the pictures in advertising I think.

Comment

That watch was worn by almost every regular on this forum back a few years ago - I excluded myself because I was going offshore for long stretches at a time on diving jobs. Everyone seemed to think it was a swell watch - Chris I believe owned one as well. Tom Robb actually bought the one that was sent all over the USA to the other members here. Each member who wore it signed off on the book it came with. It's a solid timepiece.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                X