Cool sighting for the UDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool sighting for the UDF

At work today I was selling a Casio to a man for his kid for christmas and we were discussing how vital it is for a watch to be robust and rugged. He says: "Yes I have only worn one watch for nearly 40 years now and it's been with me most of my professional life" He then shows me this...

-V

Sigh, my heart still gets weak.... That one has some bad arse WABI and a million stories to tell. Even when beat to hell, its still gorgeous. Did you ask if he wanted to sell?
    Last edited by Steverino; 12-07-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

That's great, that watch has been WORN!

Comment

That is AWESOME!!!!

Did he even know what he had?
        Never step down into a lifeboat.

Comment

Have not worn my T2 ploprof in months....

Comment

Wow.
            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

It really is pretty cool to see one of these watches, especially a classic, being used as intended. That's some hard core wabi.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bartlett View Post
                Have not worn my T2 ploprof in months....
                I thought that was yours, Bill. Guess I was mistaken.
                Steve

Comment

While I'd personally get the bezel and crystal fixed, it's a testament to its design and build quality that it can put up with that much wear and tear, and still work as a daily wearer.

BTW, he IS aware of the current prices for vintage Ploprofs, right?
                  John

Comment

Super cool to find that with its original owner still.
                    sigpic
                    Jeff
                    UR4 scuba?

Comment

Cool! What did he do for living?

Comment

Neato. Wish I had a picture of my old veterinarian's watch. He is dead now, but his son is my accountant so I'm sure it is still around.

Solid Gold Rolex day/date with gold bracelet. Wabi was an understatement with this old watch. You could take a brilo-pad to it and I don't think it would do as much damage. It fit his crusty demeanor to a "T" and he definitely wore it well. No telling how many rectums that watch travelled up over the years. Ich.
                        "most things are NOS for a reason"

Comment

Love it ,

Amazing to see how after 40 Years of serious wear it still holds up well .

An all time favorite ,

Vic

Comment

That cat was ahead of hos time. I wonder what he paid for that watch....
                            sigpicHook 'Em
                            "Just as watch collectors are keepers of a tradition of a mechanical art, so too are dive watch owners keepers of a legacy of rugged instruments that accompanied man on some of his greatest adventures. Wear your dive watch proudly."

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. View Post
                              That cat was ahead of hos time. I wonder what he paid for that watch....
                              Depends on what region of the world he bought it in. Somewhere around $400-$500 USD.

Comment

Working...
                              X