No announcement yet.

Rgm Professional Diver - Image !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack! Missed the listing of the height; about the same height as my Sinn 103. Or perhaps that is due to the aggressive bezel design? Maybe not a bad trade off.
    John

Comment

The more I look at it, the more interesting it looks: less Mark II look to the dial, etc. It's a safe bet everyone is interested in more information and images.
      John

Comment

Rich, love the "certina style" bezel, not surprising as I happen to love my Certina (thank you!). I agree with regarding the numbers of the bezel. I like the size, large but not ridiculous, and thick as well. I am hoping the bracelet is something retro, a la the original Doxa re-issue, or a mesh or true rice beads.

Comment

Gotta agree with George here.............

while I love the overall looks, there is too much bezel and not enough dial for me. But that is just me.
          Some people are like Slinkies....Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Look forward to seeing more pictures...

first the 801 and now this....

Comment

guess I'm a dissenting vote--bezel is HUGE relative to bezel #s

and frankly--recognizing I wasn't really asked--the idicies seem small as well.

I'm sorry-there are just too many 'similar' divers to be all that enthusiastic.
              My personal opinion is the Sea 3 is more original but the only reason I didn't order one of those is there was no hands selection.

I should also qualify my answer by saying I just got home from doing a three hour sweep of high end watch stores in Manhattan this evening after an appointment in the city. So I've seen one hell of a lot of watches tonight and this one came in at the tail end...for whatever that's worth.
              Last edited by SG; 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Can't say it motivates me in the least....

looks like a more expensive version of Yao's Stingray.
                Too small a dial, with too much bezel. My Stingray stayed around for less than a week. This one wouldn't make it out of the starting gate.

Comment

Sweet!!

My new favorite!

Comment

One Murph to Another, tell me how you really feel.

Comment

I like the small numbers on the bezel . . .

as long as the bezel lume is good. It's a fresh idea and I think it works well. Gives it a detailed but not fussy look.

My one criticism might be that the inboard placement of the lumed hour indicies on the dial tends to shrink the dial and crowd the hands. This contributes to the 'all hat and no cattle' effect that George mentioned.

Brent

But even this wears off in time.

Comment

I like the look of that one.
                        Wah, about nit-picking. It is what it is and until I get my own watch forum and make some watches, I'm shutting up.
                        I particularly like the dial markers and the hands - that's a cool 'white' look. Also the 'chunkyness' factor makes it look the business. What's the specs in regards to lugs and the bezel - how many graduations?
                        How about a profile shot and a case back shot. And isn't this an all American made from scratch movement?

Comment

I think its a winner

Originally posted by TylerEOT View Post
                          Try to get some work done for a few hours, and look what pops up!
                          Congratulations, Rich, I know it's been a long time, and a lot of work coming. Best of luck with sales on that beast.
                          has tool elements and on a bracelet will be a wow piece. Too thick to be as formal as a sub but to me-- that's a positive.

Comment

haven't posted here in a while, but do lurk every day...
                            and man was i waiting to see this! i think this is a great looking watch and a successful design. i have to say i pretty much like everything about it, the design is unique enough without being different for the sake of being different. i think it also pulls of the combination of aesthetics and legibility quite nicely without resorting to cliched motifs like the huge and unsightly orange minute hands many here seem so enamored of. just looking at it gives the impression of quality, like seeing a GP Seahawk. i think it would be a real winner on a bracelet, and it looks like it would work well with most straps. unfortunately i've got a feeling this one's going to be way out of my budget range...

Comment

I don't believe this has the Cal. 801--I suspect it is a high-grade automatic from the RGM line.

Comment

Gotta have thick skin, Roland....

You know these guys, they'll tell it like they see it....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X