Thread: Sometimes I forget how amazing Rado watches can be...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sometimes I forget how amazing Rado watches can be...

..and I even temporarily forget some of the pieces I have owned (I would guess I have bought more than 75, and sold more than 50).
    I was looking through Mike Keller's site for some data, and stumbled across this image I took nearly a decade ago:

Mike asked me to let him post it on his site and I gladly agreed. It depicts one of the most remarkable groups of Rados that I have owned.
    The dial materials are all different (tiger-eye, ammolite, black goldstone), and the case colors are also. Regrettably, I never took a photo of the first two above with this one (lapis lazuli):

Of course, I may not have owned all of them at the same time.

These images make me melancholy, because I think of Miles, and how he was always so upbeat and encouraging about following one's own path in collecting. On the other hand, I am glad to know some of these are in the capable hands of other EOT Rado Forum members--that they will be enjoyed for years to come even if they change hands again.

My thanks to all of you who make this place special--by sharing information and passion--and who strive to improve our knowledge of the history of Rado, and to welcome new initiates. Your enthusiasm is infectious, and helps me recall many of the great watches that have passed, and the even better friendships & memories that endure.

Happy hunting,
    Brad
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-28-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon