Thread: WTB: Rado Captain Cook Mk II 11773/2 crown

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Gents,

I'm after the bottom crown for the Rado Captain Cook Mk II 11773/2. This is the crown that adjusts the date and time. It sits flush to the case and is unsigned. The CC Mk II that I recently acquired is at the watchmaker and he says he needs a new crown as the other is too corroded. I'm hoping there's a fine specimen out there willing to help preserve another!

Alex
    Hi Alex,
    I know it may sound like sacrilege but I would think in this case, as it's unsigned, I would have your watchmaker search his parts suppliers for a plain silver crown with the same dimensions, provided it has a similar seal system to the original it should be fine. There are plenty of nos anchor and R crowns out there but I think it will be an uphill battle to find an original one of these. If all else fails it's possible there's an anchor crown of the same dimension that you could sand off and re-polish (to remove the anchor), being waterproof this watch possibly has an extra seal on the stem to seal the tube anyway. Let us know how you get on and if your able to solve it, might make for an interesting post.
    Last edited by Tim.; 10-05-2017 at 07:56 AM.