Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funky Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    DS-40. I wonder if Rado ever built and sold all 600. Mine is numbered below 200. The chronometer number on the replacement movement Rado put into mine is less than 400 numbers away from the original. Being Rado, it is highly likely that they did not use movements AND cases serially, but it does give one something to think about.
    Mine is numbered higher than 550 so they must have got close to at least building them all...

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Mine is numbered higher than 550 so they must have got close to at least building them all...
    I am sure they would have had more than the 600 required movements certified, but one wonders how many. I said here at the time that I was quite surprised at how close together the COSC numbers were together on the old and new. I should get you to check your number and tell me if it is lower or higher than the number you can see in my photo. That is the new higher number. If your number is higher than this one we can conclude that Rado was simply reaching into the box and grabbing random movements.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

I am sure they would have had more than the 600 required movements certified, but one wonders how many. I said here at the time that I was quite surprised at how close together the COSC numbers were together on the old and new. I should get you to check your number and tell me if it is lower or higher than the number you can see in my photo. That is the new higher number. If your number is higher than this one we can conclude that Rado was simply reaching into the box and grabbing random movements.
    Mine is quite a bit lower, starting 409.

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Mine is quite a bit lower, starting 409.
    Wow, that is lower. They must have sent them in for testing in different batches
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Wow, that is lower. They must have sent them in for testing in different batches
    I wonder if the numbers were reset to 1 beginning each year, or they just continued to use the next unused number? At some point each of the certification facilities must have
    "reset" the numbers or the movement would reflect numbers in the millions over time with all of the Rolex and Omega movements that have been certified.

The Captain today.

Senior Member pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.'s Avatar

Thanks Miles, but there are plenty of nice watches shown today!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
    Thanks Miles, but there are plenty of nice watches shown today!
    Nice, but not that rare.