Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive watches you've always liked, but for some reason have never owned...

Hybrid View

Default Dive watches you've always liked, but for some reason have never owned...

Three that come to mind for me. How about you?

Have always been a fan, but for whatever strange reason, I've never owned a 6309 Diver.

The 3300 caliber kept me away from this one. Admittedly, I probably over-reacted to the reports of failures. Located a NOS one a little while ago, but couldn't bring myself to pull that trigger. Still, one of the nicest looking chrono divers out there, IMO. You can also use the pushers at depth!

If I were not a flipper, I'd have bought one of these for sure, but I know myself, and the hit on resale would just be too much to justify. Now, if one ever turns up on the SC, I might pull the trigger still...

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Default I'd put the UN Maxi Marine in the group.

Always liked it, never owned it.

photo RGM300SharkRepellantSmall.gif

Default These three come to mind

Longines Legend Diver. With or without the date I can never decide, maybe that is why I haven't jumped on one.

Tudor Snowflake. Iconic and I have had the opportunity a couple of times and just didn't do it.

And my favourite version of the Aquatimer. Again I passed on a couple of opportunities for this one and can't explain why.

Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Administrator

I'm the opposite and since I do not flip have not had the trigger issue with many watches. I know what I want and that list is still the same.

I have not yet had a 6309 but that is more just a timing issue.

I guess for me the one thing that stops me is that I only want Auto movements. The latest solar Seiko chrono look great but for some reason for me I would prefer an auto.

The one non auto that I will own probably will be the Tuna as I want the whole collection.

Baume and Mercier Capeland XXL
    Hook 'Em
    "Just as watch collectors are keepers of a tradition of a mechanical art, so too are dive watch owners keepers of a legacy of rugged instruments that accompanied man on some of his greatest adventures. Wear your dive watch proudly."

Halios Bluering...

Citizen Mission Antarctica...

Tissot Seastar...

(all images shamelessly pilfered from the web)

Jeff
    UR4 scuba?

Loveland Ohio, home of the Loveland Giant Frog

I'd make a difference between the ones I've wanted but couldn't afford, and the ones I just either haven't gotten around to yet, or missed the boat when they were available. Of that lattter category, I would include:

Sinn 103 ST SA.
    Still on the list; the Commish let me borrow his for a bit, and I loved it. I have the A SA version already, but they are visually quite different. Photo from Watchbuys

Citizen Mission Antarctica - missed the boat
    Just missed the boat. And heck, it even had a blue dial! Sorry, no pic handy.

----------------------------------------------------------

Seiko Landmaster Kinetic
    Still a possibility, a Ti GMT that never needs a battery could be real useful. Image linked from Higuchi's site.

Seiko SBDC007 Ti in black
    Still a possibility, it could be just the thing for the woods. Photo from Seiya's site.

Baume & Mercier Capeland yellow dial,
    Vacilated until I missed the boat, though it's probably for the best; I kept hesitating because of the 46mm size (photo linked from WUS). I heard there may have also been a 40mm version in SS, but I've not seen one listed for sale yet. Photo linked from WUS.

Omega Speedmaster Professional
    nuff said. Still on the list Image from Wikipedia

If I really sat and thought about it, I could probably list more, but what the heck, this is being covetous enough already; I'm probably bound for WIS purgatory as it is.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JDS (Ohio) View Post
    I'd make a difference between the ones I've wanted but couldn't afford, and the ones I just either haven't gotten around to yet, or missed the boat when they were available. Of that lattter category, I would include:

Sinn 103 ST SA.
    Still on the list; the Commish let me borrow his for a bit, and I loved it. I have the A SA version already, but they are visually quite different. Photo from Watchbuys

Citizen Mission Antarctica - missed the boat
    Just missed the boat. And heck, it even had a blue dial! Sorry, no pic handy.

----------------------------------------------------------

Seiko Landmaster Kinetic
    Still a possibility, a Ti GMT that never needs a battery could be real useful. Image linked from Higuchi's site.

Seiko SBDC007 Ti in black
    Still a possibility, it could be just the thing for the woods. Photo from Seiya's site.

Baume & Mercier Capeland yellow dial,
    Vacilated until I missed the boat, though it's probably for the best; I kept hesitating because of the 46mm size (photo linked from WUS). I heard there may have also been a 40mm version in SS, but I've not seen one listed for sale yet. Photo linked from WUS.

Omega Speedmaster Professional
    nuff said. Still on the list Image from Wikipedia

If I really sat and thought about it, I could probably list more, but what the heck, this is being covetous enough already; I'm probably bound for WIS purgatory as it is.
    I like all these mentioned.

Default Far too many to list...

But I'll give it a go anyway...

1) IWC Ocean 2000:
    This is the one that kick-started IWC's modern dive watches, and it remains a technical tour de force to this very day.

2) Seiko SDBD001 600M Spring Drive:
    Titanium, sapphire crystal, GMT, Spring Drive movement and the whole she-bang is good to 600M. What's not to love?

3) Germano & Walter or VDB anything:
    These guys build their cases from the ground up. On lathes. Yes, they're a bit crude, but their robust, tank-like construction appeals to the philistine in me, and in VDB's case, you can even get reworked vintage movements to go with your olde world diver.

Regards,
    Adam

CWC Auto diver, no date.

Citizen Eco-Zilla with adapters and zulu strap

Seiko Marine Master - the lack of sapphire crystal always held me back. I've gotten past that, but right now it's just not in the cards.

Tudor Snowflake in blue. Always wanted one more than most any other watch, but the propensity for fakes out there is enormous. Besides, they are over the top in price. I might... be apt to purchase one for the inflated prices out there, but who can be trusted to buy one from? I count those people on one hand.

To those who have thought about the B&M Capeland XXL - great looking watch, wears like a 40mm Rolex. I am however not happy it stopped running after just a couple of hard knocks. I've mine still sitting in the drawer wondering whether or not I will send it to have the movement refurbished. The removable screw in steel bars are what I believe all watch companies should go to - best in the business.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Photobucket